strange 5th gear limp mode after TB alignment

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
I'm sorry to post yet another boost thread but here I go anyway because mine is a bit strange :)

Basically when I plant it in 5th gear my boost often takes a couple of seconds to settle and bounces around a little. ie it normally will spike at 21 psi, fall to 17 then settle at about 19-20 psi. Yesterday I unpluged my MAF briefly to see whether it effected this "boost bounce" but it made no difference and the car ran exactly the same (so I assume the MAF is fine)

anyway this threw up the engine and TC lights so I unplugged the battery last night to clear the fault codes. this morning I did the TB alignment before hitting the road.

Everything seemed fine till I got on the motorway and accelerated pretty hard through the gears (up a hill). By the time I'd hit 5th there was alot of very low, thick fog/mist at the top of the hill and I noticed my boost hit 25psi then I hit 0psi limp mode. I assumed it had overboosted, as it has done before, and is normally fine again after a few seconds.

For the first half of my journey (45 mins) whenever I went above 15psi in 5th I would go back into 0psi limp for a few seconds until I blipped the throttle a few times. The second half of the journey was fine and the car didn't hit higher than 21psi.

The only thing I can think of is the N75 but i can't help but think its related to me disconecting the MAF and battery and TB allignment.

I'm running k03s with all the trimmings btw.

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
I've been to the dealers to get the fault codes today...

17963 P1555 035 - value above maximum charge pressure sporadic

16486 P0102 035 - Mass of Volume Air Flow Circ. Low Input sporadic

Obviously this is pointing towards a dead MAF, however I didn't think a shot MAF would cause an overboost?

So I asked SEAT to log the MAF and here's the result:

920 /min
22.6 %
2.5 ms
4.2 g/s

Does this mean anything to you tech guys as I haven't got a clue??

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
yeah I've been looking for a cheap n75 thinking it would be that too. I told seat I thought it was the n75 but he said it would throw up a code if it was that...?

I disconnected the battery after I unplugged the MAF so wouldn't that have cleared the MAF code?

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
that log looks like they logged it idling and gave you 1 reading?? lol

I think your right mate...the workshop was above the showroom so I know they didn't take it for a test drive. I heard them rev it a bit tho...the pictures on the walls started shaking haha

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
I'm sure you can clear codes by disconnecting the battery for an amount of time? Also, in my personal experience not everything that starts going wrong will always throw a code so could still be the N75. Can't beleive your dealers attempt at logging your airflow!!!

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
yeah you can clear SOME codes when disconnecting the battery for about 10 mins not all tho and dont ask me which ones :p

No the N75 wouldnt necessarily throw up a code either