Strange goings on - Please help!

Dan_the_man

Apr 16, 2006
Whilst driving home the other night, I noticed my engine managment light was on but only very dull! only just noticable that it was on, as I continued my journey it got slightly brighter and was flickering slightly until it was basically at full brightness, then all of a sudden it just flickered and went off completely!??
It did not appear again? why would this happen?

Went to my car today and now it wont start?? It turns over fine but just will not start!

What could be causing this? from searching I think it may be fuel pump or something?

Any help would be great as I have work tomorrow and need my car!! Thanks

Dan_the_man

Apr 16, 2006
Just checked the ECU, couldn't remove it but had a good look and no traces of water at all?

If it was a bad earth, where would I need to check? and could this problem be caused by a dead ignition switch?

Dan_the_man

Apr 16, 2006
So is it a case of just checking all the earth bolts are tight? There is a bolt just above the ECU? Is this one of the earth points?

Thanks again for your help

Dan_the_man

Apr 16, 2006
Went to SEAT and VW this morning and they said its hard to say without putting on the diagnostics.

But they suspect the coolant temp sensor may have gone and could be trickicking the ECU into thinking the engine is warm all the time, and not putting enough fuel through to start her up?

Sound correct?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise