Stuck in France

DonaldDuck

Hi Folks
I am asking for assistance on behalf on my Brother who is at the moment a bit stuck in France. He drives an Alhambra 1.9 tdi. Apparently the turbo has cut out and he desperately needs to find a Seat garage. Also, some belt around water pump or power steering pump or some other pump has come loose.Its only been replaced a few weeks ago. Car now sounds like a tractor. However, I have searched everywhere on google. The Seat website is Dire to say the least. If you go to the French site you need to be fluent in french. Makes sense you think?? Not really cause in order to find a dealer in france you must visit the french site. I am sure that not all people looking for a french dealer will be fluent , perhaps tourists for example.....AAAAGGGHH. [:@]

Anyway, on the UK site you can only get UK dealers. I need a dealer in West of France around St Jean DeMont, La Rochelle. Please excuse my bad spelling. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

PS I drive the Ford Galaxy, Identical almost to the Alhambra and never have a seconds bother... tee hee.. Not a good time to tell the brother though..I'll keep it for later. Cheers:whistle:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Not too many dealers in Chantes Maratime

ATLANTIS AUTOMOBILES
9 AV LOUIS LUMIERE
17180 PERIGNY
Tel : 0546506160 - Fax : 0546500777

SA PALMA AUTOMOBILES
AV DE SAINTONGE
17100 SAINTES
Tel : 0546921570 - Fax : 0546740817

that 1st one is about 2km from La Rochelle though

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Don't forget, doesn't HAVE to be a SEAT dealer, probably the same belt on the Audi, VW and Skoda versions of that engine...

DonaldDuck

Thanks folks

Hi Folks ...Many thanks for the prompt advice. I have passed this information on to my brother.
I am lead to believe that info on all Seat dealerships is contained within the Handbook. However, he cant find his so I now have to hunt the net for that too... Brotherly love only stretches so far...Ha

Many thanks once again