stuck on tyre brands...

H15DTL

H15DTL
May 28, 2013
AVOID VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA UNLESS YOU WANT TO REPLACE THEM EVERY 6 MONTHS!!
I have tried most things but the best Iv found for grip and long life are
"KUMHO ECSTA SPORT LE"
I get them for less than £70 a corner fitted. EBAY have some good deals on them!! I wouldn't ever buy anything else, and I don't drive like a vicar.... Lol

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
Now I see why there's good recommendations for the f1's. Had mine fitted a week ago and wow what grip. Left my mates coilovered civic turbo through the corners and mines on standard suspension. Will recommend these all day long.

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
I've never got on with Kumhos ... Had them on a Clio 182 before and got rid of them with about 4mm. They were lethal in the wet.

They're what I've currently got on the Leon, but changing them with about 3mm left on as I just can't get on with them.

Both times they were put on by a previous owner ... Everyone has their preference :)

Never tried Vredesteins before but after all the rave reviews across the net and for £63 a corner I though I'd give them a go. If they only last 6 months then so be it - I'll buy Goodyears or Michelins (love Michelin's) next time!

Last edited:

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
I've never got on with Kumhos ... Had them on a Clio 182 before and got rid of them with about 4mm. They were lethal in the wet.

Everyone has their preference :)

I'll buy Goodyears or Michelins (love Michelin's) next time!

As you say, preference, I have 4 Mich in my garage all with 6/7mm, I'll sell the car on them. For me I'd happily pay more for Kumho over Mich, as I'd have to be paid to run on Mich.

Richard123

Rickys LCR 225
Feb 4, 2013
Ayrshire,Scotland
As you say, preference, I have 4 Mich in my garage all with 6/7mm, I'll sell the car on them. For me I'd happily pay more for Kumho over Mich, as I'd have to be paid to run on Mich.
Ive had pirelli michelin and goodyears on my lcr in last 3 years and Michelin are in my opinion the best closely followed by both goodyear and pirelli . I dont know what Michelin s you've been running but the pilot sport 3s are exellent tyres! For a budget priced tyre 65 quid ish uniroyals get an exellent review on this forum from lcr owners. .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Priz91

Realist
Jun 24, 2013
Loughborough
Had my F1's fitted the other day, BRILLIANT! Great grip & great all round tyre for the price you pay (Around £80/corner) ..Would recommend !

hyphon12

Daft Member
Jun 7, 2011
Scottish Borders
I used to stand by Continental SportContact5 tyres, excellent grip but the wear rate is too quick! Not long Fitted Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 2 and impressed with them, just as good as my old Contis and £20 a corner cheaper.

Graham1984

Mar 7, 2015
Hankook ventus v12's are a good tyre.

As mentioned previously Tyreleader and Oponeo are two of the best online tyre sites currently running.

Bouncerbeater

Old enough to know better
Mar 15, 2013
Gloucestershire
Just priced the Goodyear asy 2's at my local guys and they came back with £76 plus vat per corner fitted and balanced. Pretty good price I thought. Not worth getting mail order then getting fitted that's for sure

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Just priced the Goodyear asy 2's at my local guys and they came back with £76 plus vat per corner fitted and balanced. Pretty good price I thought. Not worth getting mail order then getting fitted that's for sure

You won't be disappointed with the Asy 2's mate, if you haven't had them before you will be impressed they are a great tyre. :)

suprapaul1

Feb 8, 2015
East Yorkshire
I love my vredstein ultrac sessentas I've got on the Supra yes they are a little bit soft but if you want predictable amazing grip in all weather conditions you really can't go wrong with them.
I've got Avon ZZ5's on the Cupra and yes I'm sure they'll last much longer but the don't grip any where near as good. Soft and grippy or hard and no grip

LCR

Bwwaaaaapp
Jul 3, 2014
Fife
I have just put on 4 brand new Uniroyal Rainsport 3s. £61 per tyre from camskill and they're unbelievable.
Torrential rain on the way home, hitting puddles and was not dragged in once and tried to push them to the limit but it just stuck!
They are also quite soft and I managed a 13.9 at Crail 1/4 mile with them compared to my best before 14.2 running proxes T1R.
They're only downfall is the lack the rigid tyre wall like more performance tyres have but its really not noticeable until you hit the track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.