Stupid seatbelt beep

ktron

I started the car to drive home last night, the seatbelt warning light stayed on, ooh well think I - unplug it - replug back in, no difference. Started my 35 mile drive home in rush hour....bing bing bing bing bing...

ffs....bing bing bing bing bing.....ffs ffs stop it....bing bing....

stuck in traffic after 1 hour.....bing bing bing.....

Anyway how was I to know the passenger seat has a weight sensor and I had piled my christmas wine stash on it :whistle:

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

Hmm thats interesting my beep beep stopped after about 3 mins when i had my shopping on the seat

Irfan

ktron

Nope..went on for at leas't 40 mins until I suddenly had a brainwave and plugged the passenger seatbelt in ... drove me so mad I even switched the car off when stuck in bad traffic. Anyone else have it go on for so long??

leon1p

XBL - dervturbo
Jun 30, 2006
Aberdeen
www.simplyrc.com
Only reason it would stay on is if it was constantly triggering it.. Ie moving about.. Was the dash light going on and off? Although having said that I cant remember if i have tested the timeout on mine.. it gets way too annoying after about 3 beeps. I do like them though, my only wish would be that they put them in the back where you cant see who has on their belts.

ktron

Only reason it would stay on is if it was constantly triggering it.. Ie moving about.. Was the dash light going on and off? Although having said that I cant remember if i have tested the timeout on mine.. it gets way too annoying after about 3 beeps. I do like them though, my only wish would be that they put them in the back where you cant see who has on their belts.

Ahh ... probably explains it..yes the red light kept going on/off...maybe the weight was redistibuting on the seat and kept triggering it....stupid thing is it took me so long to realize what was causing it to start with :redface:

leon1p

XBL - dervturbo
Jun 30, 2006
Aberdeen
www.simplyrc.com
Yep been there.. caserole dish, camera, juice bottle. It once only happened enough to bing once which totally confused me.

Googies, Im not sure which has them and which doesn't mate.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
LOL - I actually have an even stranger one than that... and i swear this is true.

Had a large torch sat on the passenger seat, not heavy enough to set the alarm off by itself, unless you braked, then it would go "bing" "bing" etc... thats not funny by itself but ..... it also went off over 120mph , 119 no "bing". .. 120 upwards "bing" seriously... was really strange.

I tried several times, and was always under 120 .. no bing .. over 120 bing.. :lol:

private runway too ... ;)

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
LOL - I actually have an even stranger one than that... and i swear this is true.

Had a large torch sat on the passenger seat, not heavy enough to set the alarm off by itself, unless you braked, then it would go "bing" "bing" etc... thats not funny by itself but ..... it also went off over 120mph , 119 no "bing". .. 120 upwards "bing" seriously... was really strange.

I tried several times, and was always under 120 .. no bing .. over 120 bing.. :lol:

private runway too ... ;)

was the the speed limter option in the MFD menu set to 120???

leon1p

XBL - dervturbo
Jun 30, 2006
Aberdeen
www.simplyrc.com
There's probably some science behind it.. Speed = More Gravitational Mass or some braniac stuff like that.

Bit like the faster you drive the louder your radio gets.. but the less you can hear it! Inverse ratio of audible awareness vs concentration levels... I actually sound like a scientist even though i'm making these terms up..

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
There's probably some science behind it.. Speed = More Gravitational Mass or some braniac stuff like that.

Bit like the faster you drive the louder your radio gets.. but the less you can hear it! Inverse ratio of audible awareness vs concentration levels... I actually sound like a scientist even though i'm making these terms up..

you adjust the setting of how loud it gets depening on speed ;)

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
was the the speed limter option in the MFD menu set to 120???
Nope :no:

Thats set to a much lower speed, for when i'm on public roads.

Has to be something to do with air pressure or something like that, its quite a repeatable thing too .. tried several times since.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Speed and mass would be centripetal acceleration, but that in a circular motion, which could happen in a car taking the passenger seat as a point out of the main axis of rotation.

I dont seem to have it on my car. Toledo Reference. must check for wires form the seat, there is a panel there, but check for connections etc. Do have to tell people sometimes to put on their belts, i wont drive off until they do, no matter how long it takes!

yellowperil

May 17, 2005
I couldnt live with this anoying "bing, bing". After only a week ownership i used vagcom and the long coding option to turn it off for good!

leon1p

XBL - dervturbo
Jun 30, 2006
Aberdeen
www.simplyrc.com
Speed and mass would be centripetal acceleration, but that in a circular motion, which could happen in a car taking the passenger seat as a point out of the main axis of rotation.

Exactly! That's what I was tryng to say.. centripetal was on the tip of my tongue :lol:

Do have to tell people sometimes to put on their belts, i wont drive off until they do, no matter how long it takes!

Same here although I did wonder once why my pal was smirking till I realised he buckled the belt then sat down.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Exactly! That's what I was tryng to say.. centripetal was on the tip of my tongue :lol:

It just so happens it is one of the topics on my final year mechanical science exams 3D motion, pain in the arse!

Same here although I did wonder once why my pal was smirking till I realised he buckled the belt then sat down.

My girlfriend wouldn't put her belt on [:@] so i drove off, then slammed on the brakes, her head was squashed in against the window!! Seatbelt went on everytome after that!;)

I was in the rear of a cop car (nothing to do me, had to meet them at end of road when had 4tyres slashed along with 4 other cars). The driver had seatbelt clipped in and sat down over top of it!