Sunroof rattles update - Leon ST TSI 190

Dkelly4

Jul 19, 2020
Car went to supplying dealer (this now makes it the 4th main dealer visit in just 3 months), and guess what!! - They actually fixed the sunroof where as Bristol and Glos couldn't or couldn't be bothered.
They took the glass out and made adjustments and refitted. But while it was there for the 2 weeks, they crashed it which required 2 new wheels, 2 new tyres, tracking all round, hub bearing and some suspension part. Now finally got car back, it now makes new noises which were not there before - can only assume caused from the jolt on the car when they crashed it! Now the rear wheel bearing is making a humming noise and a new rattle in the roof. So went in for 1 fix, and came back with 2 new problems!!
I emailed the principle dealer manager saying i wish to reject the car mainly due to it having an accident and not wanting to keep hold of it, but also the constant issues with it. Bought it end Feb this yr, what are my chances of a refund still? bear in mind, first 3 or 4 months out of my 6 month ownership was in mostly lockdown!
I did however see a car of similar spec on their forecourt and asked if I could do an exchange.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
The biggest issue I see is that, in addition to the original problem, which apparently there is no cure for, you now have a car that has been damaged . Who knows what issues there are with the suspension, steering or subframes; you could be chasing problems with it from now until doomsday. Having had the issue with the roof from day one, which after numerous tries they can't seem to fix, is probably enough reason itself to reject the vehicle.
Did you buy it outright, or is it on finance?

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
If i was you, i would get an independent inspection/examination of the car to see what the current condition is, especially with the wheel alignment. That might help you to decide how you want to proceed, i really feel for you and hope you get sorted.

Dkelly4

Jul 19, 2020
The biggest issue I see is that, in addition to the original problem, which apparently there is no cure for, you now have a car that has been damaged . Who knows what issues there are with the suspension, steering or subframes; you could be chasing problems with it from now until doomsday. Having had the issue with the roof from day one, which after numerous tries they can't seem to fix, is probably enough reason itself to reject the vehicle.
Did you buy it outright, or is it on finance?

It's on PCP through SEAT although I did put down £2k deposit and have already paid 6 instalments

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.