Super Six A7 Ibiza Homologation docs

Jun 28, 2001
yup hence the big debate on k37 for the last year or so and the possible BANNING of one off specials.

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
Just spotted this thread - been off the forum for a while. I maintain the majority of technical content in the www.vwmotorsport.com site, and am also looking for Ibiza GpA/kit docs to flesh out more info on these cars.

Steve Black should in theory have confirmed that the Super Six cars had Custom Cage/R&D cages. If not, he wasn't even trying to help you.

Per Mike Brown, early Feb 2003

Seat Super Six cars had:

- R&D cages
- Standard gearboxes with 5.1:1 diffs, probably Gemini
- Plate diffs
- Proflex dampers

But beyond that there is limited info to hand.

I saw the FIA papers at MSA HQ back earlier in the year, but they want £80 per set and there are two relevant sets (last 2 below).

The basics are that there is a set of GpA FIA Homolog docs, to which they add 'kit variant' papers. Sounds like a suffix, but is in fact almost the same amount of paper again.

FIA references cut/pasted from this vwmotorsport forum thread (need to login) are:

"A 5504 E 01.01.1994 Seat IBIZA GTI 2.0 1984,5 cc 2005
(this is the 8 valve i think)

A 5517 E 01.07.1994 Seat IBIZA GTI 16V 1781.32 cc 2001
This is the 1.8 16v, (with 2.0 16v kitcar,according this homologation 2.0l is only allowed on the kitcar)

A 5563 E 01.03.1997 Seat IBIZA GTI 2.0 16V 1989,1 cc 2006+
The "normal" 2.0 16v, with some "vk's" (variant kit)"

I have raked and raked and raked Google for these codes, but have not yet come across the elusive pdf doc which I thought I may eventually find on a website.

Last edited:

R French

Hi sorry for the late reply Chris, work has finally got to me.
No- totally stumped with the papers. Gone into a black hole.

However, at the Chatsworth Rally show there was a stand from Derby Uni with Kate Heath's super 6 Ibiza in the flesh. They have fully rebuilt the car and have found the larger od rear hub bearings etc supplied by none other than Northernsouth. So a quick call to them with a bits list got a big fat "no sorry we have not supplied those parts for years".

Back to the drawing board as there is a discreet veil over this stuff.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise