Super Sports - good offer

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
Use discount code 1401234567 on the asda tyres website for 10% off. You can get 4 x Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for the Cupra for £650 fitted and balanced.

I don't have enough posts to add a link

The code is still working. Now £696.04 fitted and balanced.
Still crying at the amount. Only need fronts but as 1 rear has a screw in it and the other a no name effort the dealer put on I figure it best to get the best all round. Don't tell my missus!

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
ben patey has had the Pilot super sports at £550 for 4 delivered. fitting 4 tyres is max £50 cash so all in for £600.

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
Think I would go for the Pilot Sport 4s over the Super Sports now I have read a good review comparison of the two:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Michelin-Pilot-Sport-4-S-VS-Michelin-Pilot-Super-Sport.htm

PS4s offer better grip (wet and dry), less noisy and better ride, but it all comes down to price.

I'll check out the ASDA deal as £650 for 4 is a bargain. Will also see what Ben Patey can do the PS4s at.

I have super sports atm and they amaze me with the sheer amount if grip in both wet and dry but I also read a lot of comparisons and watched a few videos and they all say the 4 s's are better at everything so it was a no brainer. Also the asda price I said above included getting alignment done.

ShanksRFC

Oct 13, 2016
I got two Yokohama Advan Flevas fitted to the front of my car yesterday. Difference is unreal from the Contis that have been fitted from the start. No wheel hop in second gear full throttle in very wet conditions on the way home from work yesterday.

Will be getting two fitted on the back in a couple of months time when they are needing changed. They are slightly more sensibly priced in comparison to the Michelins.

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
Think I would go for the Pilot Sport 4s over the Super Sports now I have read a good review comparison of the two:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Michelin-Pilot-Sport-4-S-VS-Michelin-Pilot-Super-Sport.htm

PS4s offer better grip (wet and dry), less noisy and better ride, but it all comes down to price.

I'll check out the ASDA deal as £650 for 4 is a bargain. Will also see what Ben Patey can do the PS4s at.

i think a lot of this is actually placebo effect and you think they are better.

in reality we are not driving at 10 tenths on the road and the differences are marginal and its not F1.

if you are saving £150 per set of 4 I would go for the super sports as still a great tyre. Ben Patey was doing an offer a little while back of £500 for 4 super sports collected.

mind you those PS4S are a good looking tyre like the CUP2 with the velvety style bits on the side....if you notice that sort of thing like me ;-) saddo! most people think they are black and round and change em when they are bald!!

nbullus

Apr 21, 2017
i think a lot of this is actually placebo effect and you think they are better.

in reality we are not driving at 10 tenths on the road and the differences are marginal and its not F1.

if you are saving £150 per set of 4 I would go for the super sports as still a great tyre. Ben Patey was doing an offer a little while back of £500 for 4 super sports collected.

mind you those PS4S are a good looking tyre like the CUP2 with the velvety style bits on the side....if you notice that sort of thing like me ;-) saddo! most people think they are black and round and change em when they are bald!!

The super sports are a great tyre and still better than most - no doubt about it. But they have now been replaced by the improved PS4s and the facts are there to be seen. Whether people will see all the benefits is dependent on how they drive their car. However, you will hear the difference in tyre noise and will brake quicker which is always a good thing.

£500 for 4 x super sports is great if your local and can fit them yourself, but for most of us you need to add an extra £100 for the delivery and fitting, and then your into the price range of the PS4s. If the Super Sports dropped to £500 for 4 delivered/fitted then that's a different story as the extra gains for most will not warrant the extra dosh, but as of now an extra £50 for a set of four PS4s is a no brainer for me.

Oh and they do look good as you say!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise