SuperCharging

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
can anyone point me in the direction of people who would be able to supercharge my 2L 8v, i reckon being a solid enough engine, i could bolt one on and see what happens :)

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
u reckon? i need to do something by the end of the year, but i dont fancy 20vt lump, commen as muck these days lol, i simply assumed a supercharged 8v would be fairly rare and ultimatly pretty quick by the time its mapped and that. that Jabba tuning company looks like a good place to start looking

so what is my 2E goble, low or high compression engine, and why wouldnt it work im just intrested to know before i blow alot cash lol

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
money is not an issue at this window shopping stage, do you think id get anything for around a grand.. and jenk are you saying fit a cross flow head then a bolt on supercharger?

Jun 28, 2001
then if money is not an issue then i would do something a bit out of the ordinary.forget super chargers and turbos altogether and go and get your self
a normally aspirated 1.8 20v engine from a breakers yard take it to somewhere
like TSR get it turned into a 2.1 with crank,cams,pistons etc and put it on throttle bodies:) you should see well over the 250bhp mark .loads of fun:)

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
im tryin to modify my standard engine to keep it more of a very quick 8v if you get me, maybe in the future when i had the time and space to have a seperate car running, a 20vt or a g60 ect ect might happen. as long as its german prefferably old skool mk2 golf :D

Jun 28, 2001
how about then rods pistons balanced crank + balanced and lightened flywheel
race head(bigger valves camshaft lifters etc) then a set of weber twin 40's
youll get 220 ish bhp if u want real power or up the cc maybe to 2.4? then hit the 290 ish mark:)?

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Yeah fit a cross flow head, all the 'off the shelf kits' seem to be for the cross flow engine.

I know a bloke that could play with your 8v, in willenhall.

Last edited:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Yeah fit a cross flow head, if you look all the off the shelf kits are for the cross flow engine.

I know a bloke that could play with your 8v, in willenhall.

4i2eqrn.gif

hmmmmmm:whistle: [B)]

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
webbers would be nice, im into my old skool, stick some big carbs approach, and jenk im intregied, so this "man" what could he do and how much bascially :)

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Sweet mr brum, charge it up!

Hes and old race mechanic, worked for audi touring car team, cosworth etc. Very old school, he can do what you want basically. Dosnt advertise tuning but if you ask him nicely im sure he would help.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise