Surely i dont need a clutch?

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
No worries - Read up on reviews and get feedback from others. I would recommend getting the upgraded braided clutch line too. Think it’s about £90.

Progressive Parts are a forum sponsor - maybe give them a call to see if they can help you out? They’re a great bunch of guys and I wouldn’t trust my car with anyone else :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whats the RTS Clutch like for judder mate? My driveway is very steep and i have to stop on it to open the garage.
My previous sachs performance clutch would stink if i slipped it in anyway. Does the RTS clutch smell if you slip it abit?

I have tried to find reviews but there isnt much about. Only owned the cupra a month. Got to admit i am slightly p***ed off that this has happened.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Whats the RTS Clutch like for judder mate? My driveway is very steep and i have to stop on it to open the garage.
My previous sachs performance clutch would stink if i slipped it in anyway. Does the RTS clutch smell if you slip it abit?

I have tried to find reviews but there isnt much about. Only owned the cupra a month. Got to admit i am slightly p***ed off that this has happened.

It juddered at first when I first had it installed. Now it’s settled and bedded, it’s virtually gone. I guess it’s also an element of getting used to it. It hasn’t slipped once and I hope it doesn’t slip at all :) It has a higher torque threshold than Helix and Sachs too - as I plan to go to stage 3, it should be more than capable of the torque levels Stage 3 will bring.

If you brought your car from a trader, do they not cover the failing clutch under their warranty? Or are they saying it’s general wear and tear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
Cheers mate. Sounds promising.
I haven't informed the seat dealer about it to be honest because it only slips when abused and even then not all the time.

So i cant imagine it would be worth the hassle and even if they did honour it they would fit a standard clutch.

Even if i had a new standard clutch i am guessing it will still be a weak link in the drivetrain.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.