suspension squeak

andybag

hi. firstly, a merry christmas and a happy new year.
have any people noticed a suspension bush squeak since the cold weather. last wednesday night on the way from work i noticed a squeak from the offside front suspension. either from the top strut bush, if one, or a wishbone bush. only sounds on taking up drive or coming to a complete stop. will look at it after work on monday if i have time. have of you experienced it? :shrug:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
heard of the rear suspension squeeking when wet and cold but not the fronts try white greese dont put too much on as the salt and grit on the roads will get stuck to it

RossIBIZATDI

RossTDI
Dec 26, 2007
My rear suspension creaks when going over speed bumps (even going really slowly). Only just bought the car so not sure if it has always done it! At least I'm not the only one :)

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
I've had 2 beezers and the suspension, esp the rear, does knock and creak quite a bit. I shouldn't worry. As long as your tyres are wearing evenly then I don't think there's an issue at all.

All of them do it after a few miles, it's just one of those things...

mantle79

I've just got mine and I have the speed bump creak thing going on too! :eek:( depending on size and how many speed bumps are on the road you can get a bit of a groove going on if you have the window down and your arm out you can look very cool!!!! "UM CHA UM CHA UM CHA"

andybag

its getting better

hey up. my squeaks are getting a bit better. i will try some grease as soon as i get chance at work. ive sprayed WD40 on the drivers front top strut bush and its stops for about two days, then back again, hey ho. :cry:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members