Ta Ta Golf Mk6 ....Elo' SEAT Leon III..at last

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
also got my boot liner off ebay came yesterday fits like a glove well pleased with it also fitted the fan washers brilliant as they are so easy to adjust with 2.5 mm allen key only takes couple of minutes to fit

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
The boot liner looks good, thanks for uploading the pics Andy. I should be getting mine early next week hopefully, it left Poland yesterday :)

Last edited:

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
The boot liner looks good, thanks for uploading the pics Andy. I should be getting mine early next week hopefully, it left Poland yesterday :)

Np Aj, takes the worry out of the fit for anyone with a notion for one.

Here's the shipping log, wasn't long at all.

2jsdxs.jpg

*When I think about it there was a day (maybe two) had passed before the first entry appeared

Last edited:

simonkit

Hi,

Just picking up this thread as I own a MK5 golf GTI and wondered how you find the build quality of the Leon compared to your MK6?

I love the golf so I'm torn a little.. the leon looks great value for money but would I miss the build quality or the great ride quality of the Golf?

Thanks

Simon

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Hi,

Just picking up this thread as I own a MK5 golf GTI and wondered how you find the build quality of the Leon compared to your MK6?

I love the golf so I'm torn a little.. the leon looks great value for money but would I miss the build quality or the great ride quality of the Golf?

Thanks

Simon

Hi

My last car was a mark 6 Golf and I too was apprehensive going to the Leon. Got my car last week and I love it, Se spec but added quite a few extras and to me is as comfortable as the Golf, okay it probably is not as plush I.e lined glove box and door storage but I can live with that. The drive is great and the car is a real joy, I can honestly say I am enjoying it better than the Golf especially all the gizmos, and the price difference will pay for a few cruises.:):D and when you shut the door not only does it sound like a Golf IT IS A GOLF
But nicer looking :thumbup::happy:

Last edited:

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Hi,

Thanks

Simon

If quality is high on your list then I would call into a garage Simon and give the LEON the once over, not to open a can of worms but to answer your question honestly, you'll notice the quality of the finish and the materials wont match up to your Mk5. I've owned both the Mk5 and the Mk6, preferred the Mk5 myself.

Having said that I'm enjoying driving my Leon and dont regret swapping out the golf for it.

simonkit

Thanks for the replies.. obviously I need to give one a good test drive and not the usual 1/2 mile around a 30MPH area either. As long as the build is decent I'll be happy, I've owned French cars in the past so am used to more than a few rattles anyway :lol:

Choice is really going to be either the 1.8TSI, 2.0 184 or the Cupra, I'll be testing the Cupra last

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
If quality is high on your list then I would call into a garage Simon and give the LEON the once over, not to open a can of worms but to answer your question honestly, you'll notice the quality of the finish and the materials wont match up to your Mk5. I've owned both the Mk5 and the Mk6, preferred the Mk5 myself.

Having said that I'm enjoying driving my Leon and dont regret swapping out the golf for it.

Totally agree with you Andy, the Golf is fast being forgotten as I get to know this car and the improvements

that have been made with this new platform, increased hp as well as the new technology.

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Totally agree with you Andy, the Golf is fast being forgotten as I get to know this car and the improvements

that have been made with this new platform, increased hp as well as the new technology.

Definitely noonoo63, the cockpit is a nice place to be, nice layout, slick box, good vision, great handling and then there's that engine, cant believe it puts out the same as the Leon Mk2 2.0 Tdi I had inbetween golfs.

Happy days :D

simonkit

Only thing is the Mk7 Golf is on the same platform too.. think I need to test drive/have a look around both to make my mind up for certain

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
I test drove audi's skodas vw golf and the leon to be honest there wasn't a great deal of difference in the drive imo and if the badge is important then you must go with your heart. I specced all the cars to as near as I could the same and I ended up paying four and half k less once I had negotiated a discount and a couple of extras for free.

Now this saving will keep this car in fuel and servicing for the next 3 years or perhaps five VERY good holidays for me and hwmbo:rofl:. By the way this saving was on an Audi A3 but the Golf was not that far behind about 1k difference.

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
I test drove audi's skodas vw golf and the leon to be honest there wasn't a great deal of difference in the drive imo and if the badge is important then you must go with your heart. I specced all the cars to as near as I could the same and I ended up paying four and half k less once I had negotiated a discount and a couple of extras for free.

Now this saving will keep this car in fuel and servicing for the next 3 years or perhaps five VERY good holidays for me and hwmbo:rofl:. By the way this saving was on an Audi A3 but the Golf was not that far behind about 1k difference.

+ 1
I did the same thing, I did a price comparison between the Audi A3 S Line Sportback, Golf GTD and Leon FR. After adding same specifications I got similar price savings as noonoo - Leon was cheaper than Audi by £4.5k and Golf by £3.5k. Coming from a 2008 Audi A3 S line, I am very happy with the Leon, the drive and handling is much better than my previous car and the cabin is a nice place to be plus I have all my gadgets to keep me happy :D

The Audi interior is nicer but not worth £4.5k imo

Last edited:

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
When I asked the Audi salesman for a discount I thought he was going to have a heart attack, it was if I had sworn at him:-o lol.

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Ah well not even two weeks old and that's the first bit broke already :cry:

Armrest, heard a snap from it and down it went, no longer adjustable/self supporting.

Looks like I'll be searching out that new local SEAT dealer quicker than I'd thought.

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
I've got it working again, in a fashion, pushed the full unit over to the drivers side whilst sitting in the back and it started to catch, a couple more shoogles and it appears to be holding, tell a lie it has slipped once, its non critical so on the back burner till I get round to booking it in at a dealer.

There was no passenger side storage box on mine either noonoo63.