Ta Ta Golf Mk6 ....Elo' SEAT Leon III..at last

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
I've got it working again, in a fashion, pushed the full unit over to the drivers side whilst sitting in the back and it started to catch, a couple more shoogles and it appears to be holding, tell a lie it has slipped once, its non critical so on the back burner till I get round to booking it in at a dealer.

There was no passenger side storage box on mine either noonoo63.

That's good its working again.

Strange about the storage box, an se that the dealer has in stock has one on passenger side, hmmm methinks something is amiss here:confused:

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
That's good its working again.

Strange about the storage box, an se that the dealer has in stock has one on passenger side, hmmm methinks something is amiss here:confused:

I was expecting two myself, I saved the configuration as a pdf, just looked at it and it speaks plural, ...copy & paste below

2ibcbd5.jpg
'Storage boxes under front seats'

:shrug:

Last edited:

Mk1Cortina1964

Mk1 Cortina 0-60 19.0secs
Feb 20, 2014
North Suffolk
dephead2004 - is that the case, or just your (justified) sarcasm? I am about to collect my car and I need to know my facts. If there is one in the showroom car I shall be inclined to pinch the one from there if mine is "missing"!

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
No it's a regrettable fact (and also sarcasm) There is another thread that detailed what's gone missing since the brochure was printed. Another item is the boot net so others have reported.

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
I thought I'd read something on the passenger side under seat storage removal, I rarely used the drivers one on the golf, used the passengers mostly, easier for the driver to access with a stretch.

Take the positive, its one less rattle to worry about.

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
I was expecting two myself, I saved the configuration as a pdf, just looked at it and it speaks plural, ...copy & paste below

2ibcbd5.jpg
'Storage boxes under front seats'

:shrug:
Exactly what I said to the salesman plural on the last brochure I saw when I ordered the car. Also as I said on a new se in showroom, so I am expecting them to fit one on passenger side if not there will be BLOOD ............same colour as my car...........so you wont see it :starwars:

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Tried running out of windscreen juice yet? Unless you have Headlight Washers there's no warning light. No sensor in the under wing reservoir = no early warning

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Never ever had an empty washer bottle warning on any car so a non event for me Dephead. I can usually tell by the sound when its nearing empty.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Once you have a warning light you get used to relying on it and it comes as a shock to find that the whirring of the washer motor gets higher as the jet gets lower. Of course you are always on a long run miles from a tap.

With the bottle hidden there's no way you can see how full the bottle is so can't even keep an eye on it.

Mk1Cortina1964

Mk1 Cortina 0-60 19.0secs
Feb 20, 2014
North Suffolk
Page 117 in the handbook - there it is: - the low washer fluid warning symbol should light up.

It says that the warning light comes on only when you switch on the ignition, and lasts for a few seconds and then goes off.

This is different to my Focus (bottle also hidden out of sight) - which sends me a text message until I cancel it. Perhaps this is why you didn't see it dephead2004?

I don't see any reference to headlight washers being involved.

:think:

Last edited:

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Sadly they deleted the headlight washers for LED lights just as I purchased my car. It was shown on the dealers screen with a line through it under the options.

What wasn't mentioned but has been discussed here elsewhere is that unless you have headlight washers, (which Tech pack people don't have now) then the sensor screwed into the washer bottle was also deleted.

I know, I've seen my washer bottle and also run out of juice!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.