Tailgate release

ndrew

Have a 20v SE and am having problems with opening the tailgate, any ideas????

When I unlock I can hear the central locking release the boot lock, but lifting the seat badge handle does nothing?????

Also my Remote locking key has stopped working????

Other that that it's a great car....

ndrew

Thanks for that..... will try and remove the trim first

Also need to re-sync my key fob after I get the battery changed.... Will dealer charge much for this?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
The resync can be done yourself. The instruction are in the user manual or have a search on here. Requires both your normal key and your remote key.

ndrew

Tried that last night.... same battery, but managed to enable the key fob to lock but not unlock....

Followed the procedure again but this time nothing....

Could it be a dying battery???

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Tried that last night.... same battery, but managed to enable the key fob to lock but not unlock....

Followed the procedure again but this time nothing....

Could it be a dying battery???

First thing to try is a new battery before you get to the resync stage. Maybe even open the fob and check the contacts are ok and nothing is damaged etc.. Then retry.

ndrew

Thanks for the help.....

Went to dealer and got new battery, lasted about 2 hours and then failed again, popped the key open and wiggled the contacts and now it's ok again... fingers crossed

Onto the tailgate, only bought the car Tuesday so was going to return to garage, but braved popping the tailgate trim and found a big lump of grease stopping the release mech from the handle to the lock. Cleaned and lubed and now all fine.

Just can't get the trim back in place in the dark, will try again tomorrow, any tips?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
For trim replacement it's easier with 2 people. I used electrician tape to mark on the opposite side of where each clip is. Open the boot and start at the bottom, loosely place the lower part of the trim over the boot/bumper catch and get into the boot. Have someone on the outside close the boot lid down till it's nearly shut and to keep the force gently applied as your about to push against it. From inside the boot go to the top of the trim, line it up and thump the electrician tape where the clips are. If your lucky they should connect and start to firm up the trim. Now work your way down hitting each clip in place until your at the bottom. Having someone hold the boot almost close will allow you to force the trim on a lot easier than trying to hold the boot closed yourself :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.