tdi engine mods

daveygall

hi guys , just joined so go easy lol , ive just bought a leon fr 170 tdi and was wondering if anyone has any advice on engine mods , i heard that SEAT actually do an engine chip but not sure , if not anyone had their engine chipped or know of a good one to choose ? cheers guys hope to hear from you soon

Ibiza 09

haha dont worry almost every new member makes mistakes, but its easily sorted!

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
hi guys , just joined so go easy lol , ive just bought a leon fr 170 tdi and was wondering if anyone has any advice on engine mods , i heard that SEAT actually do an engine chip but not sure , if not anyone had their engine chipped or know of a good one to choose ? cheers guys hope to hear from you soon

Welcome to the board :D
As for your question, the diesel FR is a bit of an akward one, due to the dpf (a restrictive filter on new diesels) Alot of the guys on here with the 170 have a dpf delete and remap. Basically thats the removal of this restrictive filter and a remap. A remap alone wont offer much in return, so the need of the removal of that filter is key. Good power gains can be had if you go down this road. Have a gander through the forums mate, its been covered quiet alot.
Seat themselves dont offer it, best bet is with some tried and tested companies on here. Revo, etc..

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Firstly we need to understand if yours is PD170 or CR170 Engine, This makes a huge difference

The PD170 Engine- You can either go:

1.Stage 1 Remap
2.Stage 1 Remap+Panel Filter
2.Stage 2 Remap+DPF Removal
3.Stage 2 Remap+DPF Removal+Milltek CatBack
4.Stage 2 Remap+DPF Removal+Milltek Catback+Panel Filter

Then from there you can go to stage 3 with bigger injectors,Turbos etc but i dont think anybody has done this with a PD170 yet!

The CR170- I havent got a clue as this engine is new :cartman:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.