Tell me something positive about your Formentor.

Cuprentor

Apr 1, 2023
Hi all, new member here. 3 weeks ago I ordered a VZ3 (been told there's a 9 month wait) and have been looking at this forum but I see lots of negatives and problems so I'd like to hear some positives and what you like about your Formentor. For me it looks great and is the right size for me and my golf clubs and generally driving and parking in and around London.

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
The Cockpit is a really nice place to be.
Quick Enough to keep things interesting. VZ3 310
Still Fairly Exclusive.
Some nice touches too once you get your head around the digital console.
Defo worth it.👍😁

Reactions: Cuprentor

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Hi all, new member here. 3 weeks ago I ordered a VZ3 (been told there's a 9 month wait) and have been looking at this forum but I see lots of negatives and problems so I'd like to hear some positives and what you like about your Formentor. For me it looks great and is the right size for me and my golf clubs and generally driving and parking in and around London.
Hey mate, if you look at my posts I think you should get an overview of my thoughts.

Cuprentor

Apr 1, 2023
Good to see some positives. The only car the Cupra had available for a test drive was a 1.5 but the interior was the same as the VZ3 as far as I could make out and it is a very nice place to sit. It's good to be a bit higher as well and I'll approach the media system with an open mind. Its going to feel like a long 9 month wait.

Hizzards

Aug 19, 2021
I have a hybrid VZ2. Still exciting to drive. I’ve enjoyed every car I’ve ‘owned’ but this one the most even after a year. Haven’t had many problems with the hardware or software, and none of them more than a blip. The big screen is great and the performance is perfect for me. I wish it had a bigger battery but that was the standard at the time.

It seems that later produced cars are more reliable. With every manufacturer of everything there’s a chance of faults or problems, so anyone can get unlucky. The people you’ve seen complain here think that all the cars are inherently faulty, and can’t accept that it’s their particular car that’s faulty, and could have happened with any car. They’ll also tell those of us without major problems who really enjoy the Car are wrong. They’ll be here shortly to ‘warn’ you.

Don’t let the negativity worry you. They’re a vocal minority. The percentage of problematic cars is tiny. If you are unfortunate enough to get a bad one it’s how you deal with it afterwards that matters.

Enjoy your car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
It's easier to list what I don't like...
Boot light is too dim, I've added the extra one from east Yorkshire retrofit, its improved it but still too dark.
Cupholders are stupid,
Temperature and volume buttons don't light up at night.
Wireless phone charger cooks any phone if left on it for more than 45 mins or so.
That's about it, really minor so it shows its all good. It's quick enough, it's comfortable, it's a nice place to be, equipment levels are good and it looks good.
As others have said there are good and bad cars, the same with any make and model, my issues are with some of the design but not enough for me to dislike the car!
Good luck with the wait!

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Hey Cuprentor, you didn't say what the engine or colour or interior was..?

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
Looks fabulous,a very nice drive and extremely smooth in pure ev mode,good ev range,decent stereo,comfortable seats,good build quality (not knocks or squeaks in 18 months).
Also excellent economy in hybrid mode,around 70 mpg on a run.

Also in cupra mode in hybrid,it really does drive like a GTi,a very good car for covering ground quickly.

The only downsides of the car is the lack of lighting behind the heater controls,the crap haptic feedback controls,the rubbish app and the wireless charging which overheats phones after an hour or so.

It's a really good car but I'll look at the born or mg4 next as I want to go full electric

2021 formentor vz1 245 e-hybrid.

Cuprentor

Apr 1, 2023
Glad to read all the positives. I've seen the lack of lighting behind the temperature controls is a pain and the over heating phone charger but from what most of you are saying its a comfortable place to sit and rapid enough to have fun. I wanted a small to mid size suv as I've tended to have lower cars so it will be nice not to have to fall into a car and climb out!

Darren Evans

Oct 27, 2022
I have the 310 in Matt blue and every extra. For me there are no negatives just a couple of oddities.

Drives amazing and looks even better. If I am steady I get 40mpg which is far better than my Z4. If I want to have some fun then it beats most things off the lights.

KevinW

Apr 3, 2023
Hi, I love my Formentor. I've just moved from an Audi A4 which had the same engine and gear box, but the Formentor is more fun to drive. Love the 4drive and I've never had adaptive cruise and it's brilliant.

Secretagent

Nov 26, 2022
Why wait 9 months for a Formentor when you can buy an almost new used one as I did? Would be agony waiting that long for my next car.

Cuprentor

Apr 1, 2023
I looked at nearly new. Worked out more expensive than buying new. No dealer/manufacturer contribution, and less favourable APR rates
That's very true. Dealers are charging much higher APR for used cars so much better deals on new.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.