temp and radio and wipers!

seat2000sblue

hi i have a ibiza 2000 s and the coolant temp wont move from the 60 mark when im moving and then after i pull up and go to nutrel tjhe temp gets to 90 then when the heater is put on the temp on the dash goes down to 60 again???

also the radio goes on when it likes and i go to push the button to turn off and it comes back on again so i need to remove the fuse every time ????

and the wipers stay on front and back even when in the off position and the rear button is in??????

and last of all the pass door wont lock with the central locking so need to pull up and push down the door button all the time

i have noticed the batt fuse block one fuse was burned out so replaced it but im at a brick wall at the mo

i love my ibiza but want it to be back how it was in 2000!!!!

please please can any one help ????:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::cry::cry::think::think::blink:

cassie

Same Problem...part solution!

Hey I have had these exact same problems with my 2001.

Radio switching itself off when engine running, and switching itself on with ignition off.

Demister/heater/cool air controls either refusing to adjust, and after a while completely not working.

I bought the car second hand just over a year ago. The problem began with just the radio going on and off escalating to demister not working....safety wise this promted me to take it back to the dealer to get sorted.

He told me that the heater and radio were a common problem linked to the electrical display panel showing the time/date, radio heating settings etc. I left the car with him and he replaced this part with a refurbished panel. I still have to pull the fuse when the engine is turned off for any lenght of time to prevent radio from turning on, but now at least when i'm driving everything connected to the display works according to the buttons that are being pressed.

At that time it was just the back wiper going on and off on a rare occassion, dealer couldn't be sure if it was the motor or again the electrics. Now I have to pull the wiper fuse every time i drive.....so annoying. The wiper stalk is kinda loose in comparison to opposite indicator controls and have read on other forums to replace the wiper stalks and/or tighten them up somehow so gonna give it a go myself....not a hundred precent sure if the dealer was spinning me a tale with his refurbished panel or not but whatever he did seems to have worked to the point that its a massive improvenent.

I think the wipers are seperate problem....i'll let you know how i get on with wipers.....all three of these problems at once:headhurt::headhurt::headhurt:....i know where your coming from!

cassie

Same Problem...part solution!

Hey I have had these exact same problems with my 2001.

Radio switching itself off when engine running, and switching itself on with ignition off.

Demister/heater/cool air controls either refusing to adjust, and after a while completely not working.

I bought the car second hand just over a year ago. The problem began with just the radio going on and off escalating to demister not working....safety wise this promted me to take it back to the dealer to get sorted.

He told me that the heater and radio were a common problem linked to the electrical display panel showing the time/date, radio heating settings etc. I left the car with him and he replaced this part with a refurbished panel. I still have to pull the fuse when the engine is turned off for any lenght of time to prevent radio from turning on, but now at least when i'm driving everything connected to the display works according to the buttons that are being pressed.

At that time it was just the back wiper going on and off on a rare occassion, dealer couldn't be sure if it was the motor or again the electrics. Now I have to pull the wiper fuse every time i drive.....so annoying. The wiper stalk is kinda loose in comparison to opposite indicator controls and have read on other forums to replace the wiper stalks and/or tighten them up somehow so gonna give it a go myself....not a hundred precent sure if the dealer was spinning me a tale with his refurbished panel or not but whatever he did seems to have worked to the point that its a massive improvenent.

I think the wipers are seperate problem....i'll let you know how i get on with wipers.....all three of these problems at once:headhurt::headhurt::headhurt:....i know where your coming from!

iainjubb

temp

The temperature going up and down is just a sticking stat. I've got mine to do when I get home. Cost me about 15 squid for the bits from the dealer. you need a stat, o-ring and dipstick tube as apparently these can break when you take it out for more access. I have the link to a guide on my home PC which i found on here.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise