Temperature Gauge

johnno26

Hi,

Can any help? I've just brought a Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20VT

Every morning for the past 3 mornings when I start my car you hear a loud beep (twice) and then the light be the temperatue gauge flashes red for about 2 minutes and then stops.

The car has been 'hooked up' to computers at Seat, but they car find anything wrong.

Has anyone heard for this before?

Thanks

Mark

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
sounds like it could be a faulty coolant temp sensor, reasonably common

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
if you do a search mate you'll get all the info you need. Happens to loads of people with this cold weather...

search temperature beep, or flash beep

John007

Apr 17, 2005
Cambs
Mine has been doing the same also.
I just added a mere splash of water in the expansion tank and all seemed well this morning.

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
erm, one thing, check the cap on the expansion tank is on correctly, and that the plug for the sensor is well connected

you would be surprised how the computer operators, i mean mechanics, miss these things ;)

cupragaz

Aug 25, 2002
s.wales
Visit site
have had this problem before with quite a few cars and its the expantion bottle that is at fault , it wont produce a fault code either hence most mechanics miss it, hope that is helpfull

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
check you have enough coolant in the first place as could be as simple as that!!!

I had the same problem a couple of times and even though the coolant was above the minimun level (I couldnt find a max level!) I found that putting in a little more antifreeze and water sorted the problems :) ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.