Test Drive, Deposited, Ordered finance pending

GhostyJHH

Apr 27, 2021
Hi,

Today i took an extended test drive (2hour) in a 1.4 ehybrid 245 vz1 (its all the only one they had), took it through town, to my home (dad was with me, so showed my mum she loves it), took it up a country lane, down a dual carriage way, even along the motorway.

My take aways were this thing is quick, especially in cupra (s) mode, in pure electric mode it is silent and still quick enough. It handles really well (was pi55ing down, flooded roads). those bucket seats are so comfy (yes im aware there manual, unheated). The position in cabin is nice not to high off road to feel disconnected (like i do in suv's), and not to low to make it impossible to get into.

On getting back to dealership, christopher, had worked some kind of voodoo magic and got his original quote of £411 (for a bare bones vz2) down to £369.12 (for a fully loaded - the towbar - Vz2) in white, over 4 yrs.

So i put a deposit down and filled in finance forms, just waiting to hear back now, the upfront is £4500 but again this was expected.

So if all goes through, i have just ordered a new car, delivery is at around mid october (so 6 months for a factory order, which all ehybrids are at the moment) but we have asked to collect on november 10, also asked them not to register car till then.

Ghosty

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
Hi,

Today i took an extended test drive (2hour) in a 1.4 ehybrid 245 vz1 (its all the only one they had), took it through town, to my home (dad was with me, so showed my mum she loves it), took it up a country lane, down a dual carriage way, even along the motorway.

My take aways were this thing is quick, especially in cupra (s) mode, in pure electric mode it is silent and still quick enough. It handles really well (was pi55ing down, flooded roads). those bucket seats are so comfy (yes im aware there manual, unheated). The position in cabin is nice not to high off road to feel disconnected (like i do in suv's), and not to low to make it impossible to get into.

On getting back to dealership, christopher, had worked some kind of voodoo magic and got his original quote of £411 (for a bare bones vz2) down to £369.12 (for a fully loaded - the towbar - Vz2) in white, over 4 yrs.

So i put a deposit down and filled in finance forms, just waiting to hear back now, the upfront is £4500 but again this was expected.

So if all goes through, i have just ordered a new car, delivery is at around mid october (so 6 months for a factory order, which all ehybrids are at the moment) but we have asked to collect on november 10, also asked them not to register car till then.

Ghosty
You did very well to get a two hour test drive. Mine was on a designated route, five miles max and most of that under a 30 mph speed limit due to road works! The ridiculous fake engine noise amused me though when slowing down for the speed camera.

GhostyJHH

Apr 27, 2021
You did very well to get a two hour test drive. Mine was on a designated route, five miles max and most of that under a 30 mph speed limit due to road works! The ridiculous fake engine noise amused me though when slowing down for the speed camera.
It helps that one of my good friends works in the dealership next door to tge cupra one, yeah that fake engine noise is something

in other news, finance was accepted, car has been ordered

Reactions: jcbmally

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
PCH, 10000 pa, in the last 5/6 years driving (2 car family) our household milage has been roughly 8500pa combined, obv last yr was much less 3000 combined miles
Are you based in or near Swindon by any chance?

I only ask as the CUPRA dealership in Swindon were able to offer me a 4 hour test drive, and his name was Christopher Moon. The PCP deal he quoted was very similar.

GhostyJHH

Apr 27, 2021
So Some Bad news, we got a call late last week advising us that while build was still on for mid October, he doubts we would get the car this yr, as we are stuck to a November 6th (that when our current lease ioniq goes back) this is obviously not a good. so where does that leave us we asked, well they sold us the vz1 e-hybrid from the showroom, yes a car there not actually allowed to sell. after comparing the specs, vz1 over vz2, besides the loss of the leather, the heated seats/steering, the extra buttons on the steering wheel for start/stop and drive mode select (was not a fan of those anyway) and the loss of my sunroof (seriously upset about that one). and some lane change thing if its in cruise control, there is not must differences.

so we now have a magnetic tech gray (Minecraft reference) metallic (paint was thrown in at no cost) vz1 e-hybrid (not sure of its the 22my or the 21my), we sign papers on a week friday, for collection the following monday which will be the 18th.

pics of our actual car :)

Attachments

• 20210930_160957.jpg
    20210930_160957.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 20210930_161010.jpg
    20210930_161010.jpg
    765.7 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: Cuprakash

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
So Some Bad news, we got a call late last week advising us that while build was still on for mid October, he doubts we would get the car this yr, as we are stuck to a November 6th (that when our current lease ioniq goes back) this is obviously not a good. so where does that leave us we asked, well they sold us the vz1 e-hybrid from the showroom, yes a car there not actually allowed to sell. after comparing the specs, vz1 over vz2, besides the loss of the leather, the heated seats/steering, the extra buttons on the steering wheel for start/stop and drive mode select (was not a fan of those anyway) and the loss of my sunroof (seriously upset about that one). and some lane change thing if its in cruise control, there is not must differences.

so we now have a magnetic tech gray (Minecraft reference) metallic (paint was thrown in at no cost) vz1 e-hybrid (not sure of its the 22my or the 21my), we sign papers on a week friday, for collection the following monday which will be the 18th.

pics of our actual car :)
Very nice! I thought it was Graphene Grey looking at the pics. You can have my Lane Assist for free!