The best remap to go for???

lukehiggs

Mar 29, 2009
I want my car remaped, and was looking around! iv looked on jabbasport and there stats show my Fr 130 could go up to 190bhp on a stage 2?? can any1 back this up or recommend a good place

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I want my car remaped, and was looking around! iv looked on jabbasport and there stats show my Fr 130 could go up to 190bhp on a stage 2?? can any1 back this up or recommend a good place

Had my leon mapped by Jabba, stage 2 is a custom map so you can have it mapped how you like.....very pleased with them :)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Go for someone not too far from you, in case of issues. (or where you'd be willing to travel back to if you have to)
Go for a remap based on the company reputation, and how they treat you when you speak to them.

I'd rather have good after-sales service and such over a difference of 5-10bhp any day. I'm speaking from experience with a very unhelpful tuner...

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
Go for someone not too far from you, in case of issues. (or where you'd be willing to travel back to if you have to)
Go for a remap based on the company reputation, and how they treat you when you speak to them.

I'd rather have good after-sales service and such over a difference of 5-10bhp any day. I'm speaking from experience with a very unhelpful tuner...

i agree 100% but luckily i have a very good tuner next to me so my choice was very easy

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
im +1 for p-torque great smooth and strong map, power doesnt tail off until just after 4k rpm Will had done a grand job, personally i got 180bhp on a stage 1 with 300ft/lb so i would have thought a decnet stage 2 to take to closer to the 200 mark??

sionowz

Jan 28, 2007
cardiff
has anyone that had a ptorque stage one then needed to upgrade their clutch? ive just bought a tdi 130 and even though i decided to keep her totally standard...this rempa malarky seems just too tempting!

Mar 13, 2010
has anyone that had a ptorque stage one then needed to upgrade their clutch? ive just bought a tdi 130 and even though i decided to keep her totally standard...this rempa malarky seems just too tempting!

You shouslnt need a new cluth with most maps, its when you start adding more power you need to really, some clutches give easily at 300 ft lb but some have lasted a long time with more than that.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
got stage 1 p-torque remap on mine...figures of 177bhp and 300lbs torque before i got decat pipe so hopefully bit more...been on car for 20k now and no slip as of yet...

if your looking at stage 2 you will need FMIC, full exhaist system, uprated clutch, pd160 intake and panel filter....might as well just go stage 3 with a hybrid turbo

Hudson

May 15, 2007
Bilston.
Not to be a bit dense, but are you guys on about P-torque in Wolverhampton?

I've been umming and arring over a re-map, thought about a new car but a remap mite just do it for me :)

sammyc

im looking to re map also, was wondering will the rest of the car handle it? the clutch and brakes etc? am lost at which one to look into getting.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
im looking to re map also, was wondering will the rest of the car handle it? the clutch and brakes etc? am lost at which one to look into getting.

A Stage 1 remap is designed to work on a standard car and its OEM parts. Upgrading parts only depends if you might be chasing more power in the future, then its worth it!

sammyc

I've got an 07 fr 1.9tdi 130. Jus fancy more power really stage 1 for a while would do as finances aren't great.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.