The Cupra won't start!!

180PS Cupra

Got a call at work this morning from the missus.

The Cupra won't start!! Turn the key and all the lights go out apart from a red one and an orange one. Shall I call Seat rescue??

Hang on I'll come and have a look, Argh it's my turn for the engine management light thingy :cry: ....so I dumped what I was doing, dashed home to the rescue. Sat in the car, saw the gear stick in D mode, moved it to P, turned the key and Brrmmmm...started first time. :funk:

Doh! Got a nice tea with a bottle of wine when I got home.

Shush tho, I said I wouldn't tell anyone ;)

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Haha.

I remember when i had my peugeot and i was sat in the car park saying 'OMG! MY CAR ISN'T MOVING!' i hadn't even turned the engine on and was trying to reverse. My friends took the piss a hell of a lot. :doh:

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
you let your missus drive your cupra?!? im still debating whether or not the girlfriend is even allowed in the new FR when it comes for fears that shell break the radio!!:happy:

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
s all good,
couple of years ago i once got a hire car from eurocar.
after paying thru the nose (cus it was the only car they had in) i wasnt very happy but still i needed some wheels.
anyway..
got in car in neutral, put key in, turned it....... nothing
tryed again, nothing, electric windows worked, radio worked everything else worked just it wouldnot turn over. it didnt even TRY to turn over
so after spending 10 mins trying to get it started i thought maybe the batter is dead
(even tho the dash was all lit up and everything worked)

so off i went back in to the office kicking and screaming cus i was thinking i couldnt get home.
the guy gets in, puts the clutch down and turns the key and it starts first time

lol

Apr 9, 2009
I only let the other half drive the car in a case of severe emergency such as when I need a lift back from the pub.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.