The first image of the all-new CUPRA Leon

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Wow only 300bhp.... What a let down...
That's the top end model. The standard has a 2.0l 245bhp output like the Golf GTi. They've gone backwards. That should surely be an FR.

Ali Bailey

Aug 30, 2019
So glad it is horrible,my last 20 plate cupra just got even more worth it

so many horrible features and just looks like a Mazda and a Ford and is just plain errrrr

I honestly don't think my bias is having any affect in my agreement with you. All hail the 20 plate my20!

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
The My20 is simple sophisticated and savage :)

the Mk4 for me is going to be to taste where as the MK3 hit the spot for all hence the mega sales

always bewilders next why people change things that work

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
The My20 is simple sophisticated and savage :)

the Mk4 for me is going to be to taste where as the MK3 hit the spot for all hence the mega sales

always bewilders next why people change things that work
You've got to admit that the seats are a lot better though. They definately fixed that part. Shame they'll probably cost a fortune to retrofit.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
You've got to admit that the seats are a lot better though. They definately fixed that part. Shame they'll probably cost a fortune to retrofit.
Can’t really see them but I love the alacantra buckets

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Can’t really see them but I love the alacantra buckets
CUPRA-LEON-ST-INTERIOR-1024x623.jpg

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
Love the new interior a lot and looks a good step up from the Mk3. A real shame about the exterior, too generic and nothing outstanding. What's going on with the colour choices too, all shades of grey and black/white, couldn't and wouldn't pay extra for matt finish it just looks horrid IMO. The Mk3 had some great colours. Looks like I'll keep my 3 door manual a while longer and if/when I swap it won't be one of these new Leon Cupra's unfortunately, well unless they do £250/month leases for the 300ps version then I might be tempted on price ha ha

I wonder if these have the easy-theft(tm) keyless system as standard?:whistle:

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Just doesn't do it for me on any level - the shape is top-heavy and uninspiring despite it trying desperately hard to have some standout design features like the 'coast to coast' rear lights.The details are over fussy and the interior: like the seats but pretty much nothing else. Just looks tacky to me (and don't get me started on the IPad stuck to the dash.) Sorry SEAT, but my money will be going elsewhere next year when the ST is due for renewal.

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
TBH I don't mind the shape, I don't mind the interior apart from the iPad stuck on the dash. Its the fact they have near on everything controlled by the iPad on a dash and even the light switch's are controlled by a mini Xbox d pad.

I must be old fashioned but I like to switch my lights on using a simple Knob and if I need my fogs on I pull the dam thing out simple. And if I want the heating up or down I turn a simple knob clockwise or anti clockwise simple.

It will be fun in the winter messing with that lot with your gloves on or freezing fingers or wet hands after defrosting, messing about with the iPad and then searching around for the d pad to control your lights.

And also when your driving having to search for your readers to read the dam screen to alter a simple function and before you know it your sat on the back seat of a bus !!!!!!!

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Love the new interior a lot and looks a good step up from the Mk3. A real shame about the exterior, too generic and nothing outstanding. What's going on with the colour choices too, all shades of grey and black/white, couldn't and wouldn't pay extra for matt finish it just looks horrid IMO. The Mk3 had some great colours. Looks like I'll keep my 3 door manual a while longer and if/when I swap it won't be one of these new Leon Cupra's unfortunately, well unless they do £250/month leases for the 300ps version then I might be tempted on price ha ha

I wonder if these have the easy-theft(tm) keyless system as standard?:whistle:

Keyless is standard.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
TBH I don't mind the shape, I don't mind the interior apart from the iPad stuck on the dash. Its the fact they have near on everything controlled by the iPad on a dash and even the light switch's are controlled by a mini Xbox d pad.

I must be old fashioned but I like to switch my lights on using a simple Knob and if I need my fogs on I pull the dam thing out simple. And if I want the heating up or down I turn a simple knob clockwise or anti clockwise simple.

It will be fun in the winter messing with that lot with your gloves on or freezing fingers or wet hands after defrosting, messing about with the iPad and then searching around for the d pad to control your lights.

And also when your driving having to search for your readers to read the dam screen to alter a simple function and before you know it your sat on the back seat of a bus !!!!!!!

It has better voice controls than the last gen so you won't need to touch the screen as much.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.