The Inevitable Has Happened

Bigfoot

Jan 27, 2008
Doncaster
Is it me or is it the dealers that are w--k.Ordered my car on the 27/01/08 Leon FR with all the bits just short of £24000 for delivery 01/04/08. As the dealer had not been in touch i rang the dealer today to check when they wanted a copy of my tax disc so they could swap my cherished plate straight on to the new car. Err the bloke dealing with you car is not in it's his rest day can i help? so i explain just a minute he is in but not working i will get him to ring.Three hours later still waiting so rang again a bit pi--ed off now so the telephonist puts me in touch with another salesman he has to ring Seat to check another hour goes by and bugger me the car is at least 2weeks away there goes my 01/04/08 delivery date i will now have to road tax my part exchange cancell my days leave from work[:@] angry or what why didn't they keep me informed. I have just finished writing a letter to their managing director expressing my displeasure of his company,made me feel better anyway.

Dealers
Advantage Lincoln:censored::censored::censored::censored:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Thats a ton of extras for £24k!

Not so good about the poor communication :(.

Bigfoot

Jan 27, 2008
Doncaster
Extras
Full leather interior
Full Aero body kit
18 inch wheels
Front arm rest
Bluetooth
Bi-Xenon adaptive lights
so yes that's ware the moneys gone

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
Sounds good, enjoy the wait coz when it arrives the anxious,excited feeling will all be over.
Dealers are all squealers, they do your head in..

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
27th jan - 1st apr is under 10 weeks.

for a factory order most people in here could have told you that was not going to happen.

dont loose too much sleep over it, have a good moan and see if you can screw some mats/fuel/whatever out of them.

on_the_verge

Dec 22, 2007
Extras
Full leather interior
Full Aero body kit
18 inch wheels
Front arm rest
Bluetooth
Bi-Xenon adaptive lights
so yes that's ware the moneys gone

Sounds nice bet it looks ace, but that is a decent pile of wedge over standard..................

JB

JB
Mar 18, 2008
Yeah and a few weeks after it arrives it will have rustsy wheel hubs, condensation in the lights and perhaps a rattle from the air vents;)[:@]

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Same happend to me, so I know what its like.

The thing with mine was they didn't have a clue over delivery date and a reg change was fast approaching. In the end I went straight back to SEAT who put me in touch with the manager and managed to sort it out.

If the car is going to be mid April, make sure they give you 12.5 months road tax on the car.

JB

JB
Mar 18, 2008
Apologies, the car is great I love mine - but there just seems to be a couple of common niggles with them - see the threads. I certainly did not know about them before I purchased nor were any evident when I purchased but about 1000 miles later..... In the grand scheme though they are minor but annoying!!!

Bigfoot

Jan 27, 2008
Doncaster
Apologies, the car is great I love mine - but there just seems to be a couple of common niggles with them - see the threads. I certainly did not know about them before I purchased nor were any evident when I purchased but about 1000 miles later..... In the grand scheme though they are minor but annoying!!!

I have yet to buy a car without niggles just look on the ST site paid just short of £20000 and still had problems in fact still have!!!!!!!!!!!!.My Type R was the same and talking of rusty brake hubs have a look at BMW's a far bigger wedge for one of them and there the same.:redface:

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
All cars rattle, it really annoys me how peeps expect them to be silent at speed. After all they are held together with nuts and bolts under one hell of a lot of stress! Turn up the tunes!

Last edited:

Xe

24K for a Leon FR is a bit OTT in my opinion, but you pay your money and takes your choice :shrug:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.