The New Leon Cupra, is it what you expected ?

Is the new Leon Cupra everything you expected ?

• Yes, I love it

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • No thanks, I will stick with my older model

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 40 40.4%
  • Other (theres always someone...)

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters

dangel

Nuclear Banana Boy
I've been worried about interior quality since the new Ibiza - the Altea compounded it (very nice seats but the dash!!!) and the new Leon isn't any better. The audi-sourced dash for the old Cupra/LCR looks a feels better IMHO.

End of the day the inside is where you spend your time and i'll happily admit to wanting quality and comfort. Is leather likely to be an option? Heated? Electric? I'm spoilt I know it :)

El Vic

Cup Racing R Legend
Mar 6, 2005
UK - Middlesex
I voted "not sure yet", but after seeing it at the Motorshow, I can clearly say "no thanks"

First of all, the exterior. I think that SEAT should have offered more exclusivity for a top of the range car. It looks good, but it's almost identical to the FR. What's the point in offering a Cupra that looks like the model below? They could have added subtle differences like small sideskirts, different bumpers and rear spoiler, separate exhaust pipes. It doesn't look special enough. :(

Secondly, the interior. Two words: very disapointing.:headhurt: The trim is cheap. It doesn't feel right for a car of this category. The plastics of my LCR look and feel better. And that horrible hollow plasticky central console :confused: ! My God, that's appalling. Also, SEAT should really offer leather interior as an option. It would make a massive difference. It certainly does on other cars (Focus ST, Megane 225). The seats are confortable, but the lumbar support is not adjustable and is better on the LCR Recaros, so you would feel the difference on long journeys. From the back, the front seats look cheap once again, as the back is made of plastic. No ISO cd player, which means good luck to put a decent stereo. Same general dashboard as the standard Leon, which is a faux pas.

I'm glad I saw it, cause now I know I don't want one. I'll happily keep and enjoy my LCR until something worth replacing it comes up!:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.