the rare 150 bhp tdi sport

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
God I would love a 150BHP model of my tolly. It is such a sleeper and most awesome :D

They are rare as rocking horse! Remap, decent alloys and cruise and you're set :D As much as I love my 110 (rock solid, extremely economical and good mid range) it is lacking a little in power.

Go for the 150 Jase as you know it makes sense!

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Go for the 150 Jase as you know it makes sense!

as much sense it makes to you and me,it don't make any sense to mrs jase.her opinion is that if we are buying a diesel,we should get the most economical one we can. econimical also means purchase price.we will almost certainly be going for a 110.
i wonder how easy a 150 pd engine swap be:whistle:

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
the 130 bhp and 150bhp are as economical as the 110bhp maybe even better because of the PD engines and the sixth gear.
at 70mhp you will be doing less than 2000rpm or just on the line.
,mate dont fool yourself.

the 110bhp only hase 5 speed gear box = more rpm at 70 mph = more fuel used.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
message received and understood.
now how do i explain to her we should pay another 3+k to get this? :D

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
got to talk the mrs round/get a decent partX :shrug:
btw what does "not vat qualifying "mean?

Last edited:

maccyn

Mine's pretty economical - just got home from 400 mile round trip, over 55mpg. Trip computer currently thinks I'll get more than 700 miles from this tank of diesel.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
what is the difference between 130 and 150 bhp pd's? is it just software or is there a different turbo on the 150?

Christof110

I just bought one, looks nice in black...16" wheels look ok.. suspension is slightly firm but not that sporty, might be a cm lower than standard but its not too noticable. Its quick though not much more than a 130. has sporty seats - but not leather, leather steering wheel, loud stereo with cd slot, trip comp, esp, fog lights, 6th gear (60mph+), aircon, abs, pas, big boot (narrow opening)
Best mpg =52 on long journeys, mostly 80-90mph motorways and 60ish on a-roads
usually see around 42ish mpg
30mpg would involve metal driving or solid traffic
less in cold it seems and some days its better than others......
cost £3-4K less than the leon cupra.....i can live without the bumpers, though it felt more planted...(215 17's as opposed to 205 16's)...
no rear wiper, not much of a big deal...
hard to judge rear end when reversing but get used to it...a lil' spoiler would help
had to go to york to get it, seat dealer, 30K, 54, £7,900

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
I just bought one, looks nice in black...16" wheels look ok.. suspension is slightly firm but not that sporty, might be a cm lower than standard but its not too noticable. Its quick though not much more than a 130. has sporty seats - but not leather, leather steering wheel, loud stereo with cd slot, trip comp, esp, fog lights, 6th gear (60mph+), aircon, abs, pas, big boot (narrow opening)
Best mpg =52 on long journeys, mostly 80-90mph motorways and 60ish on a-roads
usually see around 42ish mpg
30mpg would involve metal driving or solid traffic
less in cold it seems and some days its better than others......
cost £3-4K less than the leon cupra.....i can live without the bumpers, though it felt more planted...(215 17's as opposed to 205 16's)...
no rear wiper, not much of a big deal...
hard to judge rear end when reversing but get used to it...a lil' spoiler would help
had to go to york to get it, seat dealer, 30K, 54, £7,900
cheers for that.the saving over a leon of the same ilk is one reason we're looking at the tolly,i have had a cordoba so the boot issue when parking is noted,rear wiperless also. so long as i can get a 14 inch mountain bike without wheels in the boot i'll be happy.
the wife is still saying no though:( but she said that about my bike :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members