the rare 150 bhp tdi sport

bigmonty

Chaps got one of these, and iv had a 110. and there really is a shocking difference between the two. also my cuz has a 110 remapped to 155. and my standard 150 absolutely destroys him every time. even lowered 40mm way 18'' rs8's.
Also me mate has a vtec accord 220bhp, and he cant pull away, hes so impressed with mine hes thinkin of changin.

It really is a gud investment.

Anybody no a company that take the 150 past 200bhp properly?

bigmonty

Any one ive ever heard of that has went past 200bhp, has had serious problems.
e.g. Clutch, gearbox, turbo even blowing!
Just wonderin if there is a company out there that can guarrantee that they can do it, with no problems afterwards.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
most can tune the engine properly,but its like anything,it will put strain on other components.the clutch is usually the first on high torque TDI's .
Any idea what size brakes are on the 150? i am presuming 312mm ala leon cupra maybe?(hopefully)

Claracroft

I own a 150bhp toledo sport its silver and 2004 model.

had it at AI autosports last sat on the rollers it made 206bhp and 307ftlbs torque.

It has: torquetronix remap, Volkswagen racing turbo, Helix upgraded clutch and full straight through Miltek exhaust system. It goes like a scalded cat and i love it.
Had it since september and stumbled accross it in a car dealership in coleraine N.I. Interior isn't great although the seats are very firm and comfortable all usual extras including 6 disc cd changer. it just has standard alloys not lowered....yet! and next possible mod will be an upgrade to 230bhp.

It could comfortably reach 220 bhp without have to further modify any parts but to get 230 i may have to replace with a better front mounted intercooler. This can be done during a live mapping only and if i go ahead with it it will be Torquetronix ballymena doing to nessessary. Any further questions?????

Last edited by a moderator:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
I own a 150bhp toledo sport its silver and 2004 model.

had it at AI autosports last sat on the rollers it made 206bhp and 307ftlbs torque.

It has: torquetronix remap, Volkswagen racing turbo, Helix upgraded clutch and full straight through Miltek exhaust system. It goes like a scalded cat and i love it.
Had it since september and stumbled accross it in a car dealership in coleraine N.I. Interior isn't great although the seats are very firm and comfortable all usual extras including 6 disc cd changer. it just has standard alloys not lowered....yet! and next possible mod will be an upgrade to 230bhp.

It could comfortably reach 220 bhp without have to further modify any parts but to get 230 i may have to replace with a better front mounted intercooler. This can be done during a live mapping only and if i go ahead with it it will be Torquetronix ballymena doing to nessessary. Any further questions?????

NO NO NO NO!!!
you can't just jump into a thread and start talking about modifying it :D

go on scare me,how much is the helix upgraded clutch?

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Especially not a torquetronix rechips either, he (david) cost me 1000 quid for a new ecu by using substandard parts and an innapropriate working environment. plus another couple of ffellas contacted me saying their cars were fcuked up after he got his mitts on their cars.
Still waiting for my refund on the software which I dont have since the ecu died of water damage.

Last edited:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Especially not a torquetronix rechips either, he (david) cost me 1000 quid for a new ecu by using substandard parts and an innapropriate working environment. plus another couple of ffellas contacted me saying their cars were fcuked up after he got his mitts on their cars.
Still waiting for my refund on the software which I dont have since the ecu died of water damage.

well i can GARANTEE i won't be going there brend. ;)

Claracroft

Mines has been good so far. Couple of teething probs tho ie boost doest always come when id like it to but think its coz of the map thats on it tho im looking into this at present.

Dont kow how much the clutch cost it at was on it when i got the car but i have been told that a company in england charge just over 1k to fit a helix clutch and flywheel.
as far as im aware i dont got the flywheel just the clutch but flywheel holds up perfectly just obviously think about what gear im in at slower speeds to save it a bit.
may consider a different map in future but at mo im happy enough!

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
revo, custom code, apr or chipped uk , possibly even OBD over here, revo,apr and cc all have tweaking hardware or software which can be bought or borrowed to tweak yourself, my revo stage 2 map was tweaked on friday night by myself after several 3/4th gear runs with vagcom and adjusted boost and timing as it had been set quite low since having it installed.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
forgive me if i am wrong but i thought on the PDti the clutch and flywheel got changed together(dual mass thing a ma jig)

Claracroft

from what ive been told its just the clutch that has been replaced and you dont nessessarily have to change the flywheel with it

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Yeah you don't have to change the flywheel at the same time, but chances are if you've broke your clutch you'll need a new flywheel and a new concentric slave cylinder. You'll know when the flywheel's gone, when you pull away from junctions and the like, you can feel a judder on the clutch pedal.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Yeah you don't have to change the flywheel at the same time, but chances are if you've broke your clutch you'll need a new flywheel and a new concentric slave cylinder. You'll know when the flywheel's gone, when you pull away from junctions and the like, you can feel a judder on the clutch pedal.

so thats what happened to my van before it shot the clutch into the gearbox,and fooked both of them :D
according to our work shop that is:shrug:

bigmonty

Clara give me a shout bout were u got ut parts from! really want to push it past 200! Did u Buy ur toledo from Autozone? Im From Coleraine mesel. didnt realise there was another one in the triangle area. wud like to see wot uve done to it some time!

Claracroft

Sure thing Mr Monty would be glad to show you sometime. My clutch was replaced in order to support the upgraded power only nothing to do with it breaking. I did indeed get it from Autozone it was quite the find!

Last edited by a moderator:

bigmonty

LOL! no bother! but in all seriousness! if thats even a word. the 150 is a much better car than the 110's. but as is the problem with it being a second hand car, u'll have to do alot of luking to find one with all the extras u want, coz it is very expensive to by the extra's after.
I no ive been lukin for white dials, centre arm rest. the seat dealers over ere are chargin an arm n a leg from them.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.