The scarcity of the Cupra

noel2014

Jan 6, 2014
Tamworth
I looked at that too few days ago - about 880 combined DSG and manual in the UK (280's) - compare that to the Golf R ( See 2 or 3 a day ) and 235M. 135M etc and it is not often you see one. This is no joke, I ordered mine on 23/10/15 and I have not see one on the road.

bleedsoff

Sep 30, 2015
Tbh the rarity of the Cupra is a draw to me. Hey do people think they are so rare? It seems like an awesome package for the price. Is it just because of the badge??

noel2014

Jan 6, 2014
Tamworth
I haven't a clue. All I can think is that there are a lot of very loyal VW, BMW, Audi owners out there who "believe" in the badge. I think as time moves on things will change, but for the moment I would revel in it ! I had always had renaultsports (2 clios and a megane) but since changing my allegianceto Seat back in march 2014 I wished I had done it sooner :)
I'm very 'lucky' to be getting a 290 and cant wait to check that website to see how many of those are on the road in January :)))

bleedsoff

Sep 30, 2015
I haven't a clue. All I can think is that there are a lot of very loyal VW, BMW, Audi owners out there who "believe" in the badge. I think as time moves on things will change, but for the moment I would revel in it ! I had always had renaultsports (2 clios and a megane) but since changing my allegianceto Seat back in march 2014 I wished I had done it sooner :)
I'm very 'lucky' to be getting a 290 and cant wait to check that website to see how many of those are on the road in January :)))

Ah lucky. I was told i was getting a 290 to from Seat but now learnt its a 280 (week 46 build). Still going to be an amazing car though!

I love Audi and had a brand new 2104 Audi S3, had to get rid for personal reasons and still miss her today. Was a brilliant car.

bleedsoff

Sep 30, 2015
I bet that was a lovely car to drive.
When do you get your Cupra ?

Ordered beginning of Oct and getting it probably about 7/10 days from now. So its been about 8/9 weeks since ordering. I was told about end of October it would be a 290 as it had week 46 build and Seat told be the change over was week 45. However when I called Seat again a few weeks ago they said it was a 280. So little confused what going on, lol!

noel2014

Jan 6, 2014
Tamworth
They aren't the easiest to pin down to an answer, I found that out. Mine is in for build w/c 30/11 apparently so doubt will get it this side of New Year. Would be a bonus if I did though.

bleedsoff

Sep 30, 2015
Think mine took a week after build to arrive in the UK. It then takes about a week or so to get to the dealer. So I would say after build 2/3 weeks to get to the dealer. Now with Xmas coming up not to sure if that will delay things.

SiR26

Mar 21, 2015
Manchester
I've seen a few cupras about in Manchester but the sighting are few and far between. Almost as uncommon as my old R26

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
I would have said the Cupra is quite common, there are quite a few around where I live (North East of England). There are at least three of them in the town where I live and two of my friends drive them, plus I regularly see others on the road.

Yesterday I parked mine up to do some shopping and when I came back to it..............

Marks_mod_zps6vmsobqd.jpg

Last edited:

JJ-Griff

Feb 13, 2013
Can't say I've seen many Cupra's down my way in Kent - to be fair I saw 2 in one morning (1 black 5 door and our ex-local dealers ex-demo, a DK red DSG SC) but I quite like the fact you don't bump into them on every street corner like you would say a Golf R. The old man has got a Supercopa at present (Black 290 5 door manual on order) and I've only ever seen one or two others.

When trying to test drive a Cupra it was a nightmare trying to locate a manual version - dealers will only run what's most popular generally and it seems the DSG is taking over these days - shame if you ask me!

To be fair I was up at Milbrook Proving Ground a few weeks back for a training course for work and saw a silver 5 door and Dynamic Grey Cupra (going like the clappers - didn't have time to see what it was tbh!) but realised I was up near SEAT HQ which could have been why... [B)]

dty73

Oct 28, 2015
I would have said the Cupra is quite common, there are quite a few around where I live (North East of England). There are at least three of them in the town where I live and two of my friends drive them, plus I regularly see others on the road.

Yesterday I parked mine up to do some shopping and when I came back to it..............

Marks_mod_zps6vmsobqd.jpg

What were the chances?

The graphics on the right one look interesting. Is that yours?

hilaryj93

Nov 27, 2010
16 week wait for my 5 dr cupra sub 8 emocion red multi blacks & skirts

during that time only saw one car same (and it was only a photo of the car that inspired me to buy it)

rang bartletts pretty quick but told me it was sold....

since delivery end oct have been working at a seat skoda dealership building them new premises

not even seen car same as mine in there.

reckon they shift 50 fr for every cupra

love the car - just wish it would stop raining

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
Cupras are very rare down here in Southern Spain. I have certainly never seen one and FRs are rare, only seen about 3.

Most popular are the 1.2 tsi and 1.6 tdi.

I checked the most popular online S/H car site and there are only 4 for sale and two are preregistered new models.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.