The scarcity of the Cupra

holmesy29

Oct 5, 2015
cumbria
Think I saw at least 4 today in works car parks, although I wasn't particularly paying attention. The town where we are only has one car dealer in it (guess what Marque lol). It would be interesting to see where the registered cars are spread about but I'd say going off the other posts we would have the largets concentration per capita.

When I was buying my FR the salesman was complaining that he was ordering cupras in so he could drive one for a while but they were being bought before they turned up!

im guessing you live in whitehaven then

Alex_280

Dec 31, 2015
Saw another Cupra for the very first time today, same colour as mine too. Also answered the Golf R vs Cupra question, on a private runway of course.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
The Cupras party trick is it's faster than the golf around a track , a dry track anyways

Iv seen quite a few around Newcastle the past few weeks ( Cupras )

SiR26

Mar 21, 2015
Manchester
Yeah auto express did a comparison on YouTube. The R has the advantage of AWD then the weight of the haldex system holds it back at higher speeds , leaving the cupra to catch up and then pull away!

Alex_280

Dec 31, 2015
What was the outcome of the golf r v cupra qu.?

Was neck and neck at first then the Cupra began to walk away quite comfortably, I was very pleasantly surprised, the weight savings of 2WD are great once on the move, and the Seat seemed to keep going at higher rpm, . Both DSG.

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
See FR's every single day. they seem to be more common than the cold!
Don't think i've seen more than 1 or 2 mk3 cupras on the road since I bought mine last year though.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.