The stereo in my Altea turns itself on

Leifoso

I bougth my Altea -05 a couple of months ago. I have one strange problem, the stereo sometimes turns itself on when the car is parked and locked. I took the car to the workshop, they upgraded the car's software but the problem remains. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Probably the stereo is the same as in the new Toledo.

Tabintab

Sep 15, 2006
Peterborough
I bougth my Altea -05 a couple of months ago. I have one strange problem, the stereo sometimes turns itself on when the car is parked and locked. I took the car to the workshop, they upgraded the car's software but the problem remains. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Probably the stereo is the same as in the new Toledo.

Its the Head unit to fault. Get your dealer to replace it.

Tab

mxcupra

Heard loud thumping music at 3am last night and went outside to have a word with the person playing the loud music only to discover that the offender was the wifes altea. First time I've noticed but wife did mention this morning that she often gets in to the car to discover the stereo on :confused: (thanks for telling me now:rolleyes: )

Replacement head unit now on order thanks to the warranty. Dealer said that they had replaced 10 so far this year. At first he was going to try and fob me off but when I mentioned that I knew of other alteas with the same problem (thanks to this forum) then his attitude changed.

agynjo

Another victim here.....:(

Just before Xmas the stereo kept switching itself on - normally once a day, but got so bad that it was switching itself on even if left for 10 mins. Also kept on displaying a "CD Drive Error" message, even though there was no CD in place. In the end I had to pull out the fuse....

Anyway, went to the local dealer before Xmas, and they originally said they would have to send the unit off to be refurbished. Wasn't happy. Half an hour later, they call to say they've made a few calls to Seat UK and have now ordered me a replacement unit. Cool.

A few weeks later I get the call to say the unit is in stock. But when I arrive to have it fitted - they've ordered the wrong one !! (this one was silver) So they've re-ordered a new unit, but a few days later I got a call to say the part is on "back-order" and they have no idea when it'll arrive. Great.

I've got so fed up having to pop the fuse in and out, I've just left it out. So for the last 4 weeks I've had no radio, and now I can hear two really annoying rattles from the dashboard - one from the passenger bulhead (just in front of the windscreen) and one just to the right of the stereo volume button.

Grrr....

Shame, cos I really like the car, but when cars let me down I inevitably start looking on Autotrader.......

Tell

Staff member
Advantage of having a radio so you don't hear the rattles. There were reports last year about delays in getting hold of some headends. I had mine swapped 18 months or so ago since it didn't display a line of dots and the guys on here said "get it changed" - probably a good idea since that probably meant there was a power supply problem or just a defective screen... yeah it also over heated so the screen was difficult to read. The replacement one that duly arrived worked better than the original and it's great.

mxcupra

Guess I was lucky to get mine in 3 days then...but they did get the wrong colour too and needed to order another one which arrived next day and was fitted in 20 mins which was just enough time to drink their coffee.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members