The TDi is going, a sad day.

martinp69

I've been a member here for over awhile, but never posted so I can't post a for sale ad yet. Due to needing cash to finish my house before starting a family next year, I am selling my 2003 (53) Leon 1.9 TDi SE 130.

It is advertised on Autotrader and ebay (item number 4629027607). I am in Bristol. As soon as I reach 10 posts I'll put it in the for sale section also.

Quite good timing despite it doing me great service for a year and 26k miles, as I only found out yesterday that my dealer, Eastgate, has closed down and so in order to get my car serviced I'd have to drive 15 miles to Holders or to Chippenham! You think in a city the size of Bristol that we could manage to have a more central dealership. Bit like our rubbish buses though I suppose. ;)

martinp69

Maybe I am just used to living next door to a Vauxhall garage and owning an AStra Coupe previously and then Eastgate only being 3 miles away!

Had an email from someone off Ebay offering 7.5 K and a dealer said around 8k which is pretty good. It is up for 8.5k, which another dealer said I should get easily though.

The dealer also reckons that things have gone a bit quiet due to there being lots of Leon FRs about that were sold at 3k below list. Not sure if this is just dealer spin to get me to take 7250 for it though!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
When I put my Ibiza on Ebay recently, I got more interest and several offers after the auction had ended...

martinp69

Hope that is the case. Just brought an W reg Passat Sport 1.8 T, so don't really want to be left with 2 cars for too long. Problem with ebay for cars is you never know how serious people are, or whether they are traders trying to fleece you.

Hopefully I can get it on here and get some interest.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
If we keep this little chat up, you'll be able to post your ad in no time...

martinp69

I was thinking that! ;-) I've had the Leon for a year and done 26k miles in it but now with my work I won't be doing that many this year, so not so concerned with having a diesel.

Hopefully I can run the Passat for a year or so and hardly loose anything. Might end up keeping it until bits start dropping off! Can use the cash to finish my house instead.

martinp69

At least with a SEAT not much goes wrong, so you don't have to keep going back, not like if you own a new MINI !! Don't even get me started!!

martinp69

True, the old friday car syndrome, but I'd never buy a brand new model again until a year or so after launch. If it wasn't for the MINI forum I'd never have been able to reject my first Cooper. The 2nd one wasn't much better and I ended up selling it.

martinp69

Do you have any idea why I wouldn't be able to post in the for sale section? I have over 10 posts and none in the general section, but still won't let me! I want to put my Leon TDi up for sale and I can't.

martinp69

As I still can't appear to be able to post in the for sale section I am putting a link to my 53 plate (2003) SEAT Leon 1.9 TDi SE below. It is advertised on ebay but also in Autotrader for £8,300ono. My email is [email protected] and I can be contacted on 07970 855879.

All the details and photos on on ebay. If anyone can help and move this to the For Sale section it would be greatly appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4629027607&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.