Things I have discovered about the car.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Where is the adjustment for the front assist?

Where is the adjustment for the front assist?
Click on the picture of the Formentor to take you into drivers settings

Press on ' assistants'
Go to ' smart assistants'
Scroll right to the end and find ' front assist'
Press the 3 circles in the top right corner of front assist
Then you can modify in there 👍

Reactions: IanH72

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Had to adjust the front assist to be a bit more relaxed as a couple of occasions I have had an audible and visual warning when car in front has been turning I have had loads of room to go by but the car thinks I'm about to crash. Good safety feature and I'm used to it from my leon but a bit cautious in the standard factory setting in my opinion.
Yeah, it's a common issue with cars in front slowing before turning left or right. Had this with my R too, you get used to it and just press the steering wheel button to disengage before re-engaging after you've passed them 👍. It can't predict absolutely everything, but on the whole I find it pretty good.

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Click on the picture of the Formentor to take you into drivers settings

Press on ' assistants'
Go to ' smart assistants'
Scroll right to the end and find ' front assist'
Press the 3 circles in the top right corner of front assist
Then you can modify in there 👍
Cheers

Mar 4, 2021
With a 0-60 time with launch control of approx 4.7 seconds it doesn’t take long to go from 60-120.

If I accelerated hard in my My Leon Cupra I was well over the speed limit before I knew it. The Formentor is going to be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carwow released a video and 0-60 was timed at 4.31 secs o_O

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Anybody else think the signal of the keys is a ridiculously short range? I swear my keys only work within about 20ft of the car.. is it something to do with the keyless entry as this is the first car I have had with it. In my 2017 Leon you could unlock the car from about 200ft away..

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Anybody else think the signal of the keys is a ridiculously short range? I swear my keys only work within about 20ft of the car.. is it something to do with the keyless entry as this is the first car I have had with it. In my 2017 Leon you could unlock the car from about 200ft away..
Agreed. Compared with the golf r I've just returned you do have to be very close. I used to be able to plip and locate the car from quite a distance in the dark!

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I haven't tried the key from distance yet, I use keyless for door and boot opening. I used key to lock the car couple of times, since there's no option to lock the car when boot is closing. In Audi there were two buttons, one for boot closing and second for boot closing and locking the car.

I tried playing mp4 video today and can confirm it works.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Try putting the key to your head and then press the button to open/close the car. This increases the distance by quite a bit.

Not sure what it does to your head though

Reactions: Cuprabenwytm

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Try putting the key to your head and then press the button to open/close the car. This increases the distance by quite a bit.

Not sure what it does to your head though

Gangsta style 😎

hooded-criminal-gesturing-gun-shootingspooky-260nw-606151763.jpg

Reactions: Maypack

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Anybody got a clue of what these white sticker things are in the space between bodywork and rear tail lights? And should they be there?

Attachments

• IMG_20210404_093217.jpg
    IMG_20210404_093217.jpg
    803.7 KB · Views: 332

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
The infotainment system works a lot better after it has been on for a bit. I feel initially it can be a bit stop start and temperamental.

Reactions: Toftyd

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
The infotainment system works a lot better after it has been on for a bit. I feel initially it can be a bit stop start and temperamental.

What kind of calibre you're used to coercing that s*cker to behave? 12GA, 9mm, 12,70mm, .356?.... The last update for me was something related to e-shop...

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Believe it or not but if you have cold fingers infotainment hardly works, once warmed up its better.

manracer

Mar 15, 2021
A friend of mine has purchased a 'MMB Box' online for his mk7.5 golf and I can confirm it also works in the formentor. It allows YouTube, Netflix etc on the car infotainment screen. Considering one myself.

Reactions: IanH72

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I've finally realized how to activate high beam with the assist. Since I live in a city, it didn't really show it's magic yet (too many street lights so the beam stays low).

For anyone wondering, when you turn on the high beams (or try to), you get a high beam sign (in white) on the right of the dash with the word Auto inside. This means it's working properly and it will raise the beam when possible.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.