Things I have discovered about the car.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
As per title.
  • Interior map lights are dimable (press and hold)
  • Only realised today I can lower my boot floor height :doh:
  • Can set tailgate height, SWMBO is only 4’10”
  • Press and hold “view” on SW and it minimises some of the info
  • Set limiter (cover on another thread)

I’m sure there will be other stuff I’ll add.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
As per title.
  • Interior map lights are dimable (press and hold)
  • Only realised today I can lower my boot floor height :doh:
  • Can set tailgate height, SWMBO is only 4’10”
  • Press and hold “view” on SW and it minimises some of the info
  • Set limiter (cover on another thread)

I’m sure there will be other stuff I’ll add.
How do you set the tailgate height?

Reactions: jcbmally

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Manual, page 103. Might be different page for other language:

Interrupting opening or closing

After beginning to open or close the rear lid,
the action can be halted by pressing one of
the boot buttons.

Modifying and memorising the opening
angle

If the space behind or above the vehicle is
less than the travel area of the rear lid, you
can change the opening angle of the rear lid.
To memorise a new opening angle, the rear
lid must be open at least halfway.
● Interrupt the opening process in the desired
position.
● Press the boot button ››› Fig. 78 on the rear
lid for at least 3 seconds.
The opening angle is memorised. Memorisation
is indicated by blinking of the hazard
warning lights and an audible warning.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Manual, page 103. Might be different page for other language:

Interrupting opening or closing

After beginning to open or close the rear lid,
the action can be halted by pressing one of
the boot buttons.

Modifying and memorising the opening
angle

If the space behind or above the vehicle is
less than the travel area of the rear lid, you
can change the opening angle of the rear lid.
To memorise a new opening angle, the rear
lid must be open at least halfway.
● Interrupt the opening process in the desired
position.
● Press the boot button ››› Fig. 78 on the rear
lid for at least 3 seconds.
The opening angle is memorised. Memorisation
is indicated by blinking of the hazard
warning lights and an audible warning.
You beat me to it :thumbup:

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
I'd just have her use the easy open / close... the tailgate not going up fully would bug me too much!

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I'd just have her use the easy open / close... the tailgate not going up fully would bug me too much!
My in-laws have a low ceiling garage. I don't use it often but I was worried that when I do, we'll open the tailgate without thinking and damage it on the ceiling. I'd love it if it had some kind of sensor to stop that from happening but I would be surprised if that exists.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I may have to adjust tailgate due to garage door going up and hanging well below ceiling. Couldn't find any info how high tailgate goes. I didn't have any hatchback for years, so didn't have to worry about it.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Probably very basic but I assumed the ambient lighting was on all the time. However I've established it is only on when the auto sensing camera recognises that it's dull enough to have it on/when you manually over ride the auto lights by putting your lights on. In short ( if its glorious sunshine there is no ambient lighting) so don't panic if you don't see any in the sun like I did today and pulled over and spent 15 mins trying to sort it.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Can you tighten the side bolsters with the electronic seat control. I've had a little play and can feel the lumbar support reacting. Was wondering if you can tighten the side bolsters though... Not a huge issue if not as they hit you pretty well anyway

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Probably very basic but I assumed the ambient lighting was on all the time. However I've established it is only on when the auto sensing camera recognises that it's dull enough to have it on/when you manually over ride the auto lights by putting your lights on. In short ( if its glorious sunshine there is no ambient lighting) so don't panic if you don't see any in the sun like I did today and pulled over and spent 15 mins trying to sort it.
I discovered it on a test drive. Wanted to play with colour settings and there was nothing on. Salesmen told me later it only works when lights are on after dark or when you switch them on manually.

I only told a few people about ordering new car and in most cases referred to it as Cupra, didn't mention model.

My neighbours reactions should be interesting. We have mostly VAG + German cars in our small close and there's one Arona, so they shouldn't have issues with recognising Cupra.

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Keyless operation and reversing camera work as intermittently as AirPlay.
Theres some really good tech in the car, but I don’t think the operating system is up to it all - bitten off more it can chew!

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Theres some really good tech in the car, but I don’t think the operating system is up to it all - bitten off more it can chew!
Could you explain more on what is wrong with keyless operation ? Do you mean you cant lock or unlock ? Does the reverse camera not engage when selecting reverse gear ?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Mine works flawlessly everytime...

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Came across this video online showing the car at night, including the range of interior lighting options.

Reactions: daniel_ley

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Could you explain more on what is wrong with keyless operation ? Do you mean you cant lock or unlock ? Does the reverse camera not engage when selecting reverse gear ?
Keyless sometimes works, but sometimes needs to be locked using the key rather than using the door handle (appears to need reset every now and again).
Reversing camera sometimes comes on, sometimes doesn’t and the screen just stays black.
CarPlay often requires to be selected when I get in the car.

Just a few annoying gremlins.
Im back to the dealer in a couple of weeks to get my service schedule reset (they forgot to do it when I collected), so if these things don’t settle down, will get them to look at them.

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Keyless sometimes works, but sometimes needs to be locked using the key rather than using the door handle (appears to need reset every now and again).
Reversing camera sometimes comes on, sometimes doesn’t and the screen just stays black.
CarPlay often requires to be selected when I get in the car.

Just a few annoying gremlins.
Im back to the dealer in a couple of weeks to get my service schedule reset (they forgot to do it when I collected), so if these things don’t settle down, will get them to look at them.
Sounds like you need a software update or reset, mine has worked fine since the initial update (third day) when it stopped recognising my key, but once updated, no problems since?

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Sounds like you need a software update or reset, mine has worked fine since the initial update (third day) when it stopped recognising my key, but once updated, no problems since?
Is there a way to force an update?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members