Thinkin of dropping the Arosa

B1GSTU

Alright guys and girls. I'm a new member of the forum, from Glasgow and drive a 1.0 Red Arosa.

Sitting on 15's atm with 195/50/15 tyres.

The plan is to take off these tyres, powder coat the wheels white, replace the tyres with 195/40/15 and then fit lowering springs which will drop it 40mm.

This a good idea?

I'm looking for advice and constructive critisicsm lol.

Cheers folks

Stu:D

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Sounds like a tip top idea to me :D Red cars always look superb with white wheels. Lunalupi on here has got white wheels on her Arosa and its a stunning combination. As for lowering you cant go far wrong at all, these 'wee beasties' are pretty high to begin with :D

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Speak of the devil ;)

That sounds like an excellent plan - although you might even get away with a bit more of a drop on the bigger wheels

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
evenin mate , im here from glasgow as well , anyway , yeah 195/50's are a fraction larger than what we would normally run ( 195/45/15) but still if your only dropping it 40mm you should be fine even with the fractionally larger tyres . if your looking for a powder coater try ESP in saracen i have a phone number here as well if you want , i went in and got a quote and to get the wheels shot blasted clean any kerbing fix and powder coated on a 15" rim was £35 a wheel

MKStu

Used to run 8" wide rims on my arosa and that was down 80mm so you should be fine mate. Post up pics as well as I always wanted mine coated white (was a red arosa too)

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
ive since done some raiding arround all the powder coaters in glasgow mate and the cheapest seems to be Recoat in whiteinch at £25 a wheel if they dont have tyres on them , cant be sniffed at , at that price , im dropping some wheels off on monday there so i will keep you posted on the outcome of there

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.