Thinking about a Seat Leon

Escygt

Hey guys. The wife and I have just had a kid and we need a car suitable as a family motor (she'll be driving it most of the time).

I was initially after a Mk5 Golf GT-TDI but I quite like the Mk1 Seat Leon. I was after a diesel but not really sure why, wife doesn't do much mileage anyway. I did test drive a Seat Cupra R 225 which is cheap and really nice, tempted by that but it's in yellow which I don't like.

My budget would stretch to a Mk2 Leon but i'm not fussed on them looks wise.

Escygt

I thought a Curpra R would do better than that as it's only a 1.8 and the missus won't ever boot it.

I'm not really after a performance model as i'll buy something tasty and quick for myself and this would be a family car. It's just i've found one locally that's cheap for the age/mileage, about 1k cheaper than the equivalent age/mileage Leon FR150/Golf GT-TDI. It's not like i'd make that 1k back in fuel savings and the LCR looks better, has better seats, better brakes, etc.

I'm also considering a Toyota Auris 2.2 D4D SR180. Thing is, i've heard the MPG isn't great and if your getting poor MPG it may as well be in something decent like an LCR than a diesel.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members