Thinking of buying a Formentor, should I be scared?

Mike69

Jul 30, 2023
Thanks everyone! It's nice to hear all the positives. If you can be loving it after owning a Mustang then surely I'll be happy with it. And it was also my thoughts that the next facelift Formentor doesn't look as good, so it's kind of my last chance to get a new Formentor. And I love the VZN all in black with the alcantara seats. Think I'll go for it! :)
I received my VZN on Aug 2nd. Surprised to see it had the 1900 software build, not the latest 1940. From the very first drive I experienced system crashing and setting messages that are frequently discussed on this forum. All those issues stopped when I removed user profiles and ditched the Cupra connet app. My dealer has booked me in for the software update in September as apprenetly Cupra I very much that these bugs are present. I'm hopeful that the update will resolve the only remaining annoyance of the sound system equaliser reseting after every drive.

The infotainment gripes aside I would say the car is a good package for the money, especially the VZN as it has nearly every premium car option (except a heads up display and massage seats which strangely are avaliable on the top spec Cupra Born) at a sub £50k price.

Mike69

Jul 30, 2023
I had one entertainment system reboot and a Top View Camera that needed the dealer to re-bind, but it's all minor stuff.
It's a great car to drive, it has "presence" on the road, and teenage daughter loves the "plenty of space in the rear seats".
The only thing I would change would be for the screen to have the heat/volume sliders illuminated at night so you could see where to slide or tap.
If you have a steady hand then here's a product that can help with the non illuminated slider:

Cheap enough to try. Doesn't look out of place if applied with care and visible enough in low light to help with finger placement.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
If you have a steady hand then here's a product that can help with the non illuminated slider:

Cheap enough to try. Doesn't look out of place if applied with care and visible enough in low light to help with finger placement.
Have you tried them yourself. how long are they supposed to last?

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Meon Valley, Hampshire, UK.
I would be surprised if the VZN doesn't already have 1940 so consider that issue resolved
It doesn’t, but there’s a recall to upgrade any 1900 VZNs to 1940.

I know this because I told the dealer I’ve seen this morning that it would be a condition of me buying one after I checked the software version on the car in the showroom.

It’s being sorted this week ready for pickup on Saturday.

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Meon Valley, Hampshire, UK.
That's interesting, let me know how you get on.
Bit of to and fro via email with my dealer this week. Went in today, got them down a bit on some of the numbers. Ordered, picking up next Saturday.

I’ll be paying £20 a month more than I am now, over three years interest free, and driving away a lot more car. I did have to top up the deposit a bit, but no road fund licence for a year, and I won’t need to spend a grand on a new set of tyres next year.

I’ve been told by multiple people that the margins are tiny on VZNs so don’t expect massive discounts. They’re also flying out of the showrooms as quick as dealers can get them, and there’s a lead time on Forest Green now, such that you might not get it delivered in time to qualify for 0% finance. Offer ends in October, but you have to take delivery of the car before the end of the year.

There’s also an increased demand for VZ2s, which is what I have at the moment - v. low mileage and completely unmarked in every way - so I’m happy with the trade-in they gave me.

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
Hello to the community!
I'm on the final stretch to join the ranks of Formentor users. The car arrived at the dealership this Wednesday, I paid the reservation fee on Friday. It's been configured & ordered more than 1.5 years ago, by an unfortunate client that got tired of waiting for it and moved to a different car. (Currently hybrid Formentors cannot be ordered here in Romania)
I test-drove a VZ 245hp hybrid about a month ago, and found that it was more than I need; the traction control was struggling to get the grip when flooring the noise-making pedal. So I decided the 204hp hybrid would be enough for my needs. It will replace a 2022 Skoda Octavia (2.0 TDI 150hp DSG) that was a bit of a disappointment for me.
I had a choice between two almost identical hybrids, both in Magnetic Tech Gray, one with almost no extra-options, the other with plenty of them. I bit the bullet and went for the second one, with the blue-leather interior among other extras. I had to compromise for the exterior color, I would have personally went for a lighter one - ideally Graphene Tech, or the Matt blue. But those were the only options available for the 204hp version, and I didn't want to go for the 245hp VZ.
It seems in a couple of weeks I'll be able to pick it up from the dealership. Looking forward!

...given the title of the topic: Should I be scared? :)

Hertsjohn

Jul 24, 2022
Sorry if everyone else has said this already but I have been really pleased with my V2 DSG version. Initial glitches with infotainment system, but all sorted at the first service. I love this as my daily driver. Very comfortable and plenty of technology for a 68 year old! I agree with comments on forums - some people are hard to please, but they can only comment on their own experience with their car. For me - it's the best car I've ever owned..I will certainly consider another Formentor next time.
20220715_143345.jpg
20220715_143345.jpg

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
You've got the color I would have wanted, but it wasn't available for the PHEV I wanted. I really love that color!!!
PHEV Formentor can't be ordered in Romania for now, so I had to choose between cars ordered/configured some time ago by clients who gave up waiting before delivery.

Hertsjohn

Jul 24, 2022
You've got the color I would have wanted, but it wasn't available for the PHEV I wanted. I really love that color!!!
PHEV Formentor can't be ordered in Romania for now, so I had to choose between cars ordered/configured some time ago by clients who gave up waiting before delivery.
Yes, it really is a lovely colour and the blue leather interior suits it as well. I was really lucky with this car as it was destined to be a demonstrator and I only had to wait 2 months for delivery from the factory. A big upgrade from my Arona Excellence.

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Sorry if everyone else has said this already but I have been really pleased with my V2 DSG version. Initial glitches with infotainment system, but all sorted at the first service. I love this as my daily driver. Very comfortable and plenty of technology for a 68 year old! I agree with comments on forums - some people are hard to please, but they can only comment on their own experience with their car. For me - it's the best car I've ever owned..I will certainly consider another Formentor next time. View attachment 38264 View attachment 38264
Ditto, same model but in Mag Tech grey, infotainment seems much better since my update to 1940, love the car👍🏻

Jul 21, 2023
I like mine but it has some bugs like the sun roof becomes inactive sometime after I started driving the car.
It's very annoying when I can't close the roof.
Also the infotaiment background does not dim when the headlight is on. I had to adjust the brightness manually.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.