This Guy Needs A Bit Of Convinving.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Why? If he want's something quick, go for the honda, if he want's something cheaper which looks better but is slower then go for the SEAT.

So, he's trying to decide between a car that has a much poorer residual value, doesn't have things such as air con, cruise, total closure, rear wiper etc etc and has top be driven at a million revs per minute to attain any sort of performance, or a Leon, this must mean he's going to do a hell of a lot of track days because as a road car the Leon is miles ahead of the Honda.

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
So, he's trying to decide between a car that has a much poorer residual value, doesn't have things such as air con, cruise, total closure

That's just not true. The Type R GT has dual zone climate and cruise control. Not sure what you mean by total closure. Also from that thread the type r has 15k less miles so being the same price looks about right.

Either way I'd still go for a Leon (not the FR TDI though) as I'm not really fond of the Type R.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
I have a leon tdi fr I think looks miles better than civic, one of my son-in-laws has a r-type and my god is it quick would leave my tdi fr (standard) standing, so my advice is go for a curpa.

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
i remember wanting a type r very badly at one point in the past but got an Octy vRS instead... so glad i did, ok, on full chat the type r was quicker but not by a huge margin. My bro ended up in a type r and although it was fun for the occasional drive (insert blast) i couldnt have lived with one day in day out, the whole revving the nuts off the thing to get the same sense of surge that the vRS gave just didnt apeal to me at all.

sounds like the OP needs to work out what he wants though, comparing a rev happy petrol engined car to a torquey diesel one is pretty crazy !

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Seems like a weird comparison. An FR 2.0T would be more on par with a Civic Type R than an FR diesel with regard to the engine power and the petrol engine characteristics.

He should buy a Cupra if he is worried about outright power though. Weird there is no mention of the Cupra anywhere on that thread.

big_richyt

Currently owning an FR TDI and a Championship CTR, I have to say comparing the two of them is mental!

As the two of them are totally different in every aspect! Why not an petrol FR? OR Cupra? If he's looking for a bit of power!

The TDI has bags of Torque and is great on Dual Carriageways/ Mways, but on the A-Roads the CTR is def streets ahead of it!

I also have to totally disagree that the CTR is not a day to day car! It all in the way you drive it! If your looking for the turbo push then forget it as you will hate it, but if you enjoy driving through the revs as the engine is designed then its def a great car!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.