This N249 bypass mod, FAO all of those who seem to dont understand it..

stefduff

Great guide, did mine yesterday. Cant honestly notice any difference but the dyno says 3bhp haha!

mc funbot

its a beast its got boost
Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
Who wants the n249 bypass doing this week or weekend I'm doing a guide the correct way. I've done LOADS and fed up of seeing other in the net done wrong feeding crappy info to others ill do it free will even do Sai if needed. I'm in Northampton.

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Who wants the n249 bypass doing this week or weekend I'm doing a guide the correct way. I've done LOADS and fed up of seeing other in the net done wrong feeding crappy info to others ill do it free will even do Sai if needed. I'm in Northampton.

Are you saying that the guide in this thread is wrong?

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Works fine for me! Are you meaning doing a proper delete with resistors and all that? A decent guide for that would be good. All the guide on this thread is showing is blanking off the weird little tank thing which is fine for me and a lot of others.

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Fair play, although I don't think its fair to say this guide is wrong, it does exactly what it says, it bypasses the N249. Removing it altogether achieves no more than bypassing it, apart from tidying up your bay a bit. Saying all that I would still be interested in seeing your guide though!

mc funbot

its a beast its got boost
Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
This guide only dose half you don't need to poke bolts in to anything. What's dose will not gain anything apart from removing the black box there is more that could be dont. As its only getting pressure from the FPR not the correct pressure from the inlet :)

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
Hi. I've done the N249 but I want to remove the whole SAI. I have a catch can fitted but its all a bodge job. I would really appreciate it if you could help sort mine out. I live about an hour away.

Pamdam

hello,

just seen this thread as i have been looking into the n249 delete, i bought my car with this already done but i have had trouble with it dumping boost still. I have just noticed int he picture the previous owner who did mine has done everything but left the dv connected to the hose labeled with red 1 in the op's picture. would this cause the problem I'm having specifics below;

in 1st,2nd,3rd i get peakboost at 19psi and it falls off to 10psi and holds
in 3rd, 4th, 5th i get 18-20 psi and it holds
in 6th i get 21 spike then drops and rises again between 16 - 21 psi with my foot flat

i have deleted pcv, 4 bar fuel reg, new waste gate actuator, checked for leaks, replaced n75 with a tt 225 one, the exaust is a 3" with decat straight through, ram air induction, front mount, the usual little bits of maintenance have been done.

any help would be great because if it isnt this im stumped.

cheers

DannyJigg

Jul 4, 2013
Southend, Essex
The DV should be connected to "1" in the first post - that's how the DV gets vacuum/pressure to activate.

May be a silly question but are you sure those gear specific boost curves are not part of the map? Only other thing I've read about is logging with VCDS but that's a bit beyond my experience at the moment.

Will89lcr

Jun 6, 2013
So ya new hose goes dumpvalve to inlet, then a t-piece off to the FPR? And everything else blocked up? Sorry i kno its an ols post

markpile

Wolves till i die!!!!
Mar 15, 2014
Wolverhampton
I just did mine today followed a guide by mc funbot, to remove all the pipe work have not been out in car yet but will later on, took me half hour to do and if it works well for the car so be it, I have a 007forge dv so I'm ok to do it,

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise