Aug 14, 2022
I am tempted to have a tune put on my 2017 seat ibiza fr, it has a 1.0 tsi with 95hp. People sometimes tell me it's bad for the engine and I shouldn't do it, but then when I ask how much does the engine actually suffer, the response is mostly like "the car will drive 280.000km instead of 300.000km" (Currently I'm at 103.000km). To be honest if it's just that, I would do it. I'm trying to enjoy the car for the time I have it, and going from 95hp to about 130hp would be very nice, but not if the car breaks a lot faster, if you know what I mean.

I have never met someone who had their car remapped a couple of years ago, to give me an actual review of the tune.

That's why I come to ask you here today, to those of you who have had their cars tuned, what have your experiences been like?
Or those who did not do it, why didn't you?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
My Leon Cupra 280 has a stage 1 remap and it’s 👌🏼 It should have come like this from the factory in my opinion. But mine has a 2L engine, so has different tuning options.

Reactions: ameen_eg
Aug 14, 2022
yeah that's true, but I am kinda just asking around for tuning in general, don't seem to have found a lot of people with issues tho which is good I suppose

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I think a common misconception is that remapping a car will somehow increase the daily wear. It’s not like your using the extra power / higher boost all of the time. Unless your launching it foot to the floor off every set of lights. And even stock, if your doing that, the car won’t last as long. I’ve had mapped cars for 10 years now. Ok, when it first gets done it’s a novelty and you want to see what it can do. But after that, 98% of the time, your just driving normally and not producing any additional wear on the engine or clutch.

ChocoHR

Apr 25, 2022
I am a tuner myself and I can tell you the little one will drive far better than stock. 1.0tsi is not a bad engine IMO and its all about the quality of the tune/map.

Find yourself a reputable tuner and you wont have any issues at all

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I am a tuner myself and I can tell you the little one will drive far better than stock. 1.0tsi is not a bad engine IMO and its all about the quality of the tune/map.

Find yourself a reputable tuner and you wont have any issues at all
As a tuner, what is the best bhp that can be tuned with a stage 1 to a 2L Leon Cupra mk3 engine, without adding and changing parts?

ChocoHR

Apr 25, 2022
As a tuner, what is the best bhp that can be tuned with a stage 1 to a 2L Leon Cupra mk3 engine, without adding and changing parts?
Depends always on the car and if its DSG or Manual. Unfortunately the DSG on the 2L one is rubbish and its really hard to tune it. Your kinda limited on the torque and power from the gearbox. I managed 255hp and 400nm. Car still running without problems.

Anyways, day and night from stock

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Depends always on the car and if its DSG or Manual. Unfortunately the DSG on the 2L one is rubbish and its really hard to tune it. Your kinda limited on the torque and power from the gearbox. I managed 255hp and 400nm. Car still running without problems.

Anyways, day and night from stock
Mines the DSG 2L TSI which had 276bhp stock. I haven’t had the DSG remapped; it automatically shifts up in manual mode which is annoying. My tuning company quoted me 350bhp and 460Nm with a stage 1 remap.

ChocoHR

Apr 25, 2022
Oh sorry, I misread your post
I tho your car is a Leon 2.0L (190hp) with the IS20 turbo, not a cupra.

For a Cupra all stock you can easily go +350hp and 500nm (need a TCU tune for that amount of tq) w stage 1.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Oh sorry, I misread your post
I tho your car is a Leon 2.0L (190hp) with the IS20 turbo, not a cupra.

For a Cupra all stock you can easily go +350hp and 500nm (need a TCU tune for that amount of tq) w stage 1.
Thanks for your advice. I feel any more power in my car would be too much for the FWD system. I feel it would need 4WD. Still sometimes have wheel-hop issues. More so when taking off from a standing start. Not so much of an issue when rolling.

ChocoHR

Apr 25, 2022
Thanks for your advice. I feel any more power in my car would be too much for the FWD system. I feel it would need 4WD. Still sometimes have wheel-hop issues. More so when taking off from a standing start. Not so much of an issue when rolling.
That can be "fixed" with better tyres and a JB4 to control boost per gear

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I’ve got PS4S’s all round, which has made a massive difference. But still get it now and then. Haven’t thought about a JB4. Don’t know much about it to be honest. Expensive?

ChocoHR

Apr 25, 2022
Check on any official UK dealear... but I guess around 500 gbp.
Their customer service is top, they will help you to tune your car for free

Sep 9, 2022
I’ve got PS4S’s all round, which has made a massive difference. But still get it now and then. Haven’t thought about a JB4. Don’t know much about it to be honest. Expensive?
Sorry, just for the lay person….. a JB4?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.