Time for change

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
I'm thinking of the MK3 as a replacement for my MK1 when the time comes.

How're you finding it compared to the MK1?

Tay-FR

Sep 17, 2015
Rugby
Honestly I'm loving it!
The MK1 is still a great car to drive, getting a bit long in the tooth and doesn't have the toys that come with a MK3 but even my wife has mentioned keeping it as her FUN car (her daily is a Mokka, bleurgh!)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Tay-FR

Sep 17, 2015
Rugby
She's still sitting on my drive I need to advertise her!

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
Honestly I'm loving it!
The MK1 is still a great car to drive, getting a bit long in the tooth and doesn't have the toys that come with a MK3 but even my wife has mentioned keeping it as her FUN car (her daily is a Mokka, bleurgh!)

Had my TDI for 14 years, good as it is I will need to replace it at some point.

After fitting cruise control to mine, I really like the ideal of having adaptive cruise control. But I think that only came on high spec MK3s

Tay-FR

Sep 17, 2015
Rugby
Had my TDI for 14 years, good as it is I will need to replace it at some point.

After fitting cruise control to mine, I really like the ideal of having adaptive cruise control. But I think that only came on high spec MK3s
Mine doesn't have the Adaptive Cruise Control unfortunately but still loving her!
My MK1 should be picked up tomorrow, not quite sure how I feel...... I drove her again yesterday and she is still great fun!

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
It'll be an emotional day when my MK1 finally goes - had it longer than I've known the wife.

Looks like I'll be WFH for a long time so no real need for ACC at the moment. In fact the car has done less than 50 miles since the start of lock down.

Tay-FR

Sep 17, 2015
Rugby
Did you get a lot of interest in it? I need a family car so my 1.8t is going to have to go :( but for 1400 I’d beg the wife to keep it as well
Hi Andy,
I had a few people interested but also a few £700 cash Jokers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.