Toledo 2007 car alarm

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Can anybody tell me how to isolate the alarm. In the hand book it shows an illuminated switch on the side wall at the side of the drivers seat, but not on my Toledo. I ask because Brittinary Ferries requires car alarms to be switched off when travelling with them. Any ideas would be welcome. Also, where is the fuse for the heating fan under the bonnet or under the steering wheel? I have looked and looked. aggie

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
If you've not got the switch, it would suggest you've not got the volumetric sensors that it disables. Have you tried locking the car with the window partly open and see if you can stick your arm in?

Considering every ferry trip I've taken has ALWAYS had at least half a dozen car alarms going off throughout the journey, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Can't help you with the fuse location though.

toledo399

Had the same problem using Brittany Ferries to Spain. Assuming your 2007 is the same as my 2006 Toledo the solution is:

1. Close all doors but do not use remote to lock.
2. Open front passenger door and press lock button on centre consol,
3. Close passenger door.

Warning - remember NOT to leave keys in car!

Car is now dead locked but alarm is not activated. This can be confirmed by red light on passenger door not flashing. This procedure only works using the front passenger door it will not work using the drivers door. Unfortunately they have changed the set up in my new Altea XL and this procedure no longer works.

:3rd:

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I wouldn't expect an internal lock button to deadlock a car? Or at least I hope it wouldn't!

It should only be locked rather than deadlocked.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.