Toledo Cupra R ?

nak

May 13, 2006
Guess what i nearly sold my car, but at the last minute, changed my mind, so thats that, i am heading to finish off exterior soon, when i get a grip, must complete this year.
The question i have is,HOW DIFFICULT WILL IT BE TO TRANSFER A SEAT LEON CUPRA R , ENGINE INTO A SEAT TOLEDO, OBVIOUSLY WILL REQUIRE, ENGINE , GEARBOX, DRIVESHAFTS, ECU AND SO ON, BUT WILL I REQUIRE WIRING LOOM ASWELL, OR ARE ALL WIRING LOOMS THE SAME ?Just an idea, that interest's me, in furture years to come, thanks

nak

May 13, 2006
The engine i have in my Toledo at the moment is v5 150bhp, just a mad idea i had, would source a cupra/ cupra r rear end damage, basically require all front running gear and wiring loom, hmmmmmmmmm interesting.
Reason for this idea, after all i have spent on car, can not see me getting my money back, so would be nice to use as a show car and keep for along time, but like i said i'm abit of a dreamer sometimes, well thats what my wife keeps telling me, lol:D

cupra777

The engine i have in my Toledo at the moment is v5 150bhp, just a mad idea i had, would source a cupra/ cupra r rear end damage, basically require all front running gear and wiring loom, hmmmmmmmmm interesting.
Reason for this idea, after all i have spent on car, can not see me getting my money back, so would be nice to use as a show car and keep for along time, but like i said i'm abit of a dreamer sometimes, well thats what my wife keeps telling me, lol:D

your toledo looks nice,
i think you could try a leon cupra R engine

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Il buy your V5 dude! im looking to do the conversion in January 09 ish, up for it? :p

Jimski

nak

May 13, 2006
At the moment this project will not be going ahead, must finish all other bits and pieces on car, but you never know, might be something to think about in the furture , knowing all, that needs to be done, but like quoted by Cupra777, must be done with cupra R engine, better option and same amount of hassle, but i do have some made dreams, lol.
Must say i love the GRUNT off my v5 engine

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
www.gardensandhouses.co.uk
I don't know if possible or practical, but may it be worth supercharging the engine and getting a re-map? I'm sure I've heard of a supercharged V5 in a Golf somewhere that had close to 250bhp. I think i'd miss the engine note and grunt of the V5 myself.

cupra777

At the moment this project will not be going ahead, must finish all other bits and pieces on car, but you never know, might be something to think about in the furture , knowing all, that needs to be done, but like quoted by Cupra777, must be done with cupra R engine, better option and same amount of hassle, but i do have some made dreams, lol.
Must say i love the GRUNT off my v5 engine

i dont know if it will fit but cant you try get a 2.5l V6 froma vectra?
stupid idea but i just thought of it now

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Surely using an engine from another manufacturer will be a LOT more work - size, position, engine mounts etc - using an engine from the same manufacturer/platform will be the easiest option

cupra777

Surely using an engine from another manufacturer will be a LOT more work - size, position, engine mounts etc - using an engine from the same manufacturer/platform will be the easiest option

that is true
i didnt think of that:lol:

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
i thought the toledo was based on a leon just different rear end ,

if so surely a similar set as curreently have , just get a rear ender , and swapp it all over !
dhales.co.uk is a salvage insurance site

good luck

nak

May 13, 2006
Well i'm been thinking alot and you'll find more information on this topic, in mk1 + 2 Toledo section, under Converting V5 to1.8 Turbo, basically whats happening if all goes to plan, got my hands on a Seat Toledo 1.8 20vt, needs engine replacement, so i'm going down these lines now, but check out the other thread and it will put you in the picture, thanks

cupra777

Well i'm been thinking alot and you'll find more information on this topic, in mk1 + 2 Toledo section, under Converting V5 to1.8 Turbo, basically whats happening if all goes to plan, got my hands on a Seat Toledo 1.8 20vt, needs engine replacement, so i'm going down these lines now, but check out the other thread and it will put you in the picture, thanks

i thought the toledo was based on a leon just different rear end ,

if so surely a similar set as curreently have , just get a rear ender , and swapp it all over !
dhales.co.uk is a salvage insurance site

good luck

that is quality saying andy haha lol

nice udead
kepp us updated on da project

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.