Toledo noob asking some questions

cypher007

Jul 13, 2008
ok yesterday i bought a 03 Toledo TDI SE with 67k miles on the clock for £3350, not sure if that was good going but the car seems ok. anyway just need a few pointers on what to check, as i normally buy Volvo's and still have an 850 T5R. i did notice some stearing wheel woble at about 60mph, im hoping this is just balancing, as it has had a new wing put on. also the garage that MOT'd it, for the previous owner, charged £111 for a new fuel filter and two cans of fuel cleaner, just wondering why it would need this? it sounds almost like it had trouble getting through the emission's test's.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Not much help on the derv issue, but if it passed....

Get the tracking looked at to help dispel any fears about any accident damage.

If the tracking comes up clean, get the wheel balanced (or swap fronts to rears in the meantime)

jiege01

Toledo TDI
Jan 11, 2006
Magherafelt, NI
fuel filters are are around £10 to buy. i dont know why it needed fuel cleaner in it. As for the wobble it could be the tracking, wheels need balanced or new ball joints.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
might have put petrol in it by accident ?

we get a lot of buyers of diesel treatments in here an hour before mot just for a thrash about to make sure it passes so not unheard of to be honest

as TllEWL says when balaning get tracking done too as the new wing might be sign of more underneath - worth a check at least to be safe anyway

cypher007

Jul 13, 2008
thank you for the replys. i asked the garage and they said the previous owner tried running some bio diesel in it, and it started missfiring now and then. so they drained the fuel, changed the filter, and put two lots of diesel cleaner through it to clean it out. strange because i thought they could run bio diesel? unless he didnt change the filter after running bio diesel for a 100 miles or so, which i think they recomend as it cleans all the crap out of the fuel tank and lines.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
has it had a knock(new wing and wheel out of line maybe).might be worth an inspection up on the ramps.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise