Toledo problem vag com 3.11

lisbong

Hi,

New to the forum and wondered if someone can help me?

I have an ebay vag com cable (OBDII - USB) and vag com 3.11. I used this on my previous car which was a mk4 golf and it all worked fine.

I've just bought a 2004 Toledo TDI and can't get it to work. I connect the cable and run the com port test which comes back fine. The correct com port is selected and looks ready to go.

I then try to run an autoscan. There is no Toledo option in the chassis list but I read on the forums that the Leon (1M) option should work. I select this chassis and run the scan.

Everything starts as expected but then nothing gets reported? It just goes through each module (eg 01 Engine etc) and eventually moves onto the next without generating any output (fault codes etc). It eventually gets to the finish and the just says END........... with no fault report.

Any ideas what's going on?

Cheers

lisbong

Are you sure you have a fault? There's maybe nothing for it to report.:)

Hi,

I hope it doesn't have any faults but I don't think that is it. :)

It doesn't seem to connect to the various modules. It tries to connect a few times but nothing happens and then it moves on to the next one. Same thing happens again until it has been through all of the modules. There is then no report generated. It just says END.

If it was working I think you would still get a report detailing which modules were scanned and that there were no faults found.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Try an individual module check first, for example the engine. Module 01 should work for all cars I would hope?

At least then you'll get a clue how far it's getting.

And I'm assuming you've turned the ignition on? :)

lisbong

Try an individual module check first, for example the engine. Module 01 should work for all cars I would hope?

At least then you'll get a clue how far it's getting.

And I'm assuming you've turned the ignition on? :)

Hi,

Yes, the ignition is on.

I tried just individual modules eg 01 Engine but still can't get it to work.

In the top left corner the "Com Status" box shows it counting down as it attempts to connect. It does this a few times and then a pop-up window appears saying "Cannot connect to controller. Retry?" With options to either Retry or Cancel.

Not got a clue why it can't connect?

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Does your cable have an LED in the connector to show it's attached to the car? I wonder whether the OBD connection isn't quite 100%.

lisbong

Yes, it has a Green LED which is on.

I've found the following thread after some google searches and there are some things mentioned there I might try when I get home such as changing the latency settings etc?

clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203114

lisbong

Got it working in the end.

I had the ignition on and the engine running when I was trying it initially. Tried it with the ignition turned on but without the engine running and it worked.

I'm certain with my Golf, it worked with the engine running?!

Anyway, no faults found which is reassuring. :)

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
It should work with or without the engine running, after all you can't do a throttle body alignment with the engine running, and you can't do logs without the engine running.

Good to hear it's sorted though, did you have to bother with the latency settings or was it all to do with the engine running?

lisbong

It should work with or without the engine running, after all you can't do a throttle body alignment with the engine running, and you can't do logs without the engine running.

Good to hear it's sorted though, did you have to bother with the latency settings or was it all to do with the engine running?

Cheers

Yeah I thought it should work either way? Seems a bit odd but I didn't really play around with it as I was just glad to get it working. Might try and have another go and see if I can get it working with the engine running.

With regards to the latency, I did adjust it but this was after I got it working. When I ran the scan, everything reported back without fault except for Modue 8 which I think is the Climate Control. This said "too many communication errors to continue". I searched around a bit and found that this can be a common issue with ebay cables and this module. One post suggested reducing the latency down to 1ms which might help. I tried it and it seemed to be doing something but eventually the error code appeared. I'm not worried though as the climate control is working perfectly so I don't expect there to be errors.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I don't think I've ever got a response from the climate control. But the climate control has a built in diagnostic that you can access on the unit itself without needing a lead, so you're not missing out on anything.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.