Tom Tom docking station

Fozzi

Hi Guys

I'm a first timer but just got my SC Sport last week & am loving it. Its Track Grey, with the 17" alloys, bluetooth, folding mirrors etc & the aforementioned Tom Tom docking station.

I got delivery at the end of week 10, so not too bad, although only thing that kept me going was reading peoples comments on this site...cheers. Was worried about the ride hight and ride qualirty, but pleased to say both are acceptable. Suspension is far better than i feared & is in no way a teeth shattering experience! Ride hight is nothing like the 4x4 in a previous post i saw & should settle nicely as the car gets some miles under its belt.

Word of warning for anyone who's ordered the Tom Tom thingy tho - i assumed it would come complete as a docking station, being that its factory fitted. Wrong. You have to purchase an extra clip costing £30 from parts, which is really annoying & similar to the I-pod connector lead i've read about! The sales people had no idea until i questioned why there was something 'missing' although parts said i was the second person in a matter of days to turn up moaning about it!

cyphnar

Feb 19, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
did they chuck you a freebie as a matter of good will? Or just run with the: "oh well, that'll be £30 to make the option you already paid for work..."?

I spoke ot the dealer today about my Ibiza SC Sport 1.9TDi, and he was happy to inform that its at the dock/on the boat at spain, and he should be able to give me the reg/chassis no. by Friday. He's on holiday the weekafter, and is trying to sort everything for a smooth delivery despite him not being there. Now it's so close, i really can't wait!!

-Cyph

Fozzi

Predictably not, though there was mention of a letter to Seat for a refund and to say the brochure is a bit misleading. I don't hold out much hope, but the thought of having a half complete sat nav fitting was too much to live with!

From confirmation that mine was at the Spanish docks to getting mine took a frustrating 2 weeks - hope you get yours sooner. I wish Seat had an on-line tracking service - would be a nice customer service point and would avoid the need to keep calling the dealers for info. Just a thought!

Fozzi

Not for the Ibiza, as far as i'm aware - unless it has the same bracket fitting as the TT One version 3, which is the only model it is compatable with. I bought the wrong version TT to start with & had to return it!!! Bit of a pain, as the V3 is an older model now! It would be useful if they did a range of brackets for the different versions.

Fozzi

Doesn't say you have to purchase an extra part either! Just wish the sales guys had been a bit more clued up really. Only plus point is that the detachable bracket allows for future upgrades. Anyhow, its a minor niggle & the car is great.

Never thought i'd buy a Seat, but so glad i did - could have ended up with an Astra or Focus...! My mates will take some persuading...until they see it close up.

bronksy

Hey there. .my first post - be gentle!

I'm looking at picking up a new 5dr sport ASAP and I'm confused about the tomtom situation..
So.. please clarify this..

The thing in the Ibiza brochure that looks like a cup holder - is that not a full kit? I thought i would get a tomtom and pop it onto the mount - do i need another clip?

The kit is 30 quid - what else do i need? Another 30 quid clip?

This is ONLY for tomtom V3? Its an obscelete model already- are there more mounting clips available from seat?

cheers folks!

cyphnar

Feb 19, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
Bronksy,

As I understand you need:
  • To have the option called "navigation cradle for TomTom" (name taken form brochure)
  • To buy the official SEAT accessory called "TomTom One Europe V3Support Cradle" (states as only being suitable for vehicles with factory pre-installation PN1)

And from what cannonman said, the v4 is now supported, I assume its a matter of the cradle you buy as opposed to the pre installation...

-Cyph

Fozzi

I checked the Seat accessories web page last week & could not see a V4 cradle for the Ibiza - V3 is the only one advertised. Ironically, they do sell the tom tom V4 unit but not the V3. Cannonman - where did you see the V4 cradle & is it compatable with the Ibiza pre-inst? Could be important as the V3 no longer appears to be available on the high street & would prefer a V4 anyway!

Bronsky - check the page headings in the brochure where the tom tom thingy is shown - first page says 'options' the next says 'accessories'. Its a bit unclear, but the option just gives you a dash board mounting dock. The accessory is the bracket that clips into the dock & the tom tom and costs an extra £30 from parts. I originally thought it was a pop-up device, as did the dealer.

Looked like a nice low cost feature when i made my order but now wish i hadn't bothered.

bronksy

Looked like a nice low cost feature when i made my order but now wish i hadn't bothered.

So, you still need to 'clip' something in each time you use Satnav? What does the mount do then? I assume it has power and thats about it? So when you leave the car you remove the mount too?

It looks like a pop up cup holder thing but actually seems like its a load of rubbish!

Fozzi

That about sums it up. You just flip up the cover on the dash, clip in the bracket & then sat nav on top. On the plus side, it does provide power direct so avoids need to have a cable conected to the fag lighter, not to mention the sucker cup mark on the window! Hopefully, they will add a V4 bracket to the accessory list.

As they say, if it looks to good to be true it probably is. As a £34 factory fitted option, it was...lol.

bronksy

That about sums it up. You just flip up the cover on the dash, clip in the bracket & then sat nav on top. On the plus side, it does provide power direct so avoids need to have a cable conected to the fag lighter, not to mention the sucker cup mark on the window! Hopefully, they will add a V4 bracket to the accessory list.

As they say, if it looks to good to be true it probably is. As a £34 factory fitted option, it was...lol.

spoke to my potential dealer and they were all very confused.. spare parts told me there was no cradle for the V4 and they sell the actual unit (for 50 quid more than Halfords) so it is all rather confusing!

Fozzi

Exactly what i found. Spoke to parts yesterday & there is definately no V4 cradle. Their price for the V4 is indeed terrible! I bit thye bullet & orederd a V3 off amazon - at least its relatively cheap.

I think maybe the dealers don't care too much about the factory fitted options, as they make no/less money from them. They certainly should have been a bit more knowledgable about what they were selling & the car has been here since last year now. Of course, not all dealers are thye same!

Good luck with your purchase.

bronksy

uncovering the mystery of tomtom

So after a day of digging about this is what I have gleaned and have been advised to do.

get the factory fit wiring loom
buy a tomtom V4

Await Seat to release a cradle for the V4 which they tell me is under development

What do we think about this?
Can someone post some photos of the mount with and without the cradle that is a real shot not the airbrushed crap from the brochure..

Fozzi

Another update - got a call from Parts this afternoon to say that the V4 cradle is available after all!! Not happy, as i ordered a V3 Tom Tom only this morning...Aghhhhhhhh. They admitted that it was not on the website or any other Ibiza marketing material & that it was the first that they had heard about it. The parts lady (who has been as helpful as she could be) only double checked because i made a fuss about V3 being virtually obsolete!

For those interested, the part number is PN1 000051785A - or so i am told.

I am calling Seat Customer Services tomorrow to register a complaint [:@]. I guess they will probably blame the dealer & the dealer will just ignore it. Not sure if i can name the incompetant dealer in question - perhaps someone can advise?

bronksy

For those interested, the part number is PN1 000051785A - or so i am told.

Seat told me it was in developement and they dont have a date for it.
What a sham.. i hope its not indicative of what it will be like owning a car with them!

keep us posted.. see what happens when you givet them the part number!

Fozzi

Will do...probably wake up tomorrow thinking i've dreamed it...lol

joanne

Hi, i'm looking to purchase a new Seat Ibiza this week and I also have a TomTom 720. Did you find out anymore details on whether or not they are bringing out a compatible adapter for it?

Fozzi

Joanne - speak to the Parts Manager at your dealership and see what they come up with. According to the Seat website, the only cradle they supply is for the V3. However, the Parts Manager at my dealer said that when she looked into it, there were 'others' were available & specifically the V4. Worth a try.

Good luck