TomTomTom's Black Stage 2 K03s Ibiza Cupra Build Thread

TomTomTom

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra 230bhp :D
Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
Hi all, Finally starting my build thread!

To start off my new toy was orignially owned by someone off SCN and then was bought by dannyboi321 who became a member and started a new build thread
( http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=300545 )

In the last few months of 2011 I saw this car up for sale on piston heads and was very tempted as I knew I wanted a black one that was already tuned and reasonably local, however was put off by the relaively high mileage. I had made many enquires and was tempted to buy but did not have the funds at the time. (oh how I wish id bought it from him)

I then saw the car up for sale 3 months later once again apearing on piston heads, this made me wonder why and maybe Id made the right choice not to buy, anyway as it was only 25miles away and I had not driven one of these cars yet (other than my previous car a 1.4L Mk3 ibiza cool/s) I thougth id use it as an oppertunity to test drive and see how the Cupra's differ.

So I went along to see the car and instantly fell in love haha. After asking Dan about the car and if there was any issues as it was not his problem anymore and being told it was mint I bought the car in feburary 2012 but did not insure till april.

After a few weeks of having it on the road I discover that a bush was shot in the lower pan and had that replaced along with two new front tyres which wasnt cheap.

I then went to meet Dan to ask about the build and pick up a few bits and peices he still had, only for him to discover that the bloke I bought it off that hed sold it to had nicked the K03s turbo from it and replaced with a standard K03 :(.

After persuing to the point that it could of gone to court I decided it wasnt worth the Hastle and got myself a replacement K03s mint condition under 50K miles and had it fitted :D the car is now better than ever

Mods as the car now stand :

Engine=

k03s Turbo under 50K miles
Custom Stage 2 Map 230 BHP hopefully or there abouts
Motorsport red tip ( turbo intake pipe )
n249 byepass
N75 J Valve
Forge 007p + Cold Side Relocation
Front mount intercooler, LCR Hard Intercooler Piping with Red silicone
Induction kit
Carbon canister delete
Half polished inlet manifold and polished boost pipe
Painted rocker cover
3inch downpipe and decat into 2.5inch staight thru centre section to powerflow upswept Back box ( made up by rsr in redhill )
Powerfex exhaust and engine mounts
A/C Removed

Suspension

Weitec coilovers
Pollybushed all round
rear strut brace ( OMP )
16X9 AND 16X7.5 KESKIN DEEP DISH RIMS
5mm spacers on front

Exterior

Custom smoothed front bumper number plate recess and 1 of the tow eyes - Now Widemouth and Smothed Grooves
all grilles and badges sprayed gloss black.
all four arches rolled
colour codded bumper strips

Since buying I have completed:
Full service with cambelt, waterpump, etc
New KO3s Fitted
New Front Red intercooler hoses
Window Tint 25% on rear side windows
Team Heko Wind Deflectors
8000K HID's
Replacement standard mirrors in blue - Now Sprayed black
Replaced missing jack point covers
Fog lights
New Front Ball Joints
New Steering Rack
Full Lazer alignment
Widemouth Front Bumper
N75J Valve
LCR Custom Hard piping
DV Coldside Relocation + Service

Now =
FORGE RIFLE DRILLED RODS
ENGINE REBUILD
K280 with RS6 internals
XSPOWER TUBULAR MANIFOLD
2.5" HARD PIPE AND INTERCOOLER SETUP
FULL RESPRAY

Photos of how it was when I bought it to follow :D

Last edited:

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
Haha yeh I can't believe I havnt got round to it, havnt had a chance to take any good ones of it all cleaned up with the constant **** weather, I'll put a few up but ATM it has a dent in one wing, rust on the other and a scraped bumper :L but there all being sorted with new wings and repaired and sprayed bumper in the spring :D

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
How She looked when I got her

With my old 1.4 Cool/s
Pictures084.jpg

Pictures087.jpg

Pictures088.jpg

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
Cheers guys, yeh all that bodywork on wings,bumper, mirrors etc is bein done in spring. Can't wait haha, got a whole new set of alloys arrived Tuesday, not sure on them yet I'll get pics up soon but may sell them and pay for all my currents to be refurbed :)

Last edited:

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
Heres some quick pics of the new wheels on the front with the 5mm spacers I have on normally, need to try them on the rear to see how flush they sit but whats your thoughts?

Pictures097.jpg

Pictures102.jpg

Pictures103.jpg

Pictures099.jpg

Pictures101.jpg

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
Update

Right been a while since I have updated so thought id do a bit.

Body work: So finally got round to getting all the front end re-done gone for a standard bumpre felt it was more OEM but kept it colour coded, plus fresh sprayed mirrors and new sprayed wings.

Suspension has also been dropped about 15mm on front to get rid of any wheel/arch gap aha.

Wheels: Really want to get a new set of wheels but cant decide what I want at the moment, I have a set of 17 x 7" brand news as posted above but keep thinking I would like 8J wheels as my current on rear are 9J with stretched at transforms the look but I dont want anymore rubbing on the rear arches.

IMG_0105.jpg

b951bd11-572d-4071-9481-27b90210f61a.jpg

718844e0-f486-4257-8e19-37e46dc0bc30.jpg

a70c1f62-d299-432b-97e7-ec8ef9b5524c.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

Last edited:

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
With my 17" x 7J ET40 alloys sitting reasonably well on the front what size spacers would I need on the rear to space them out nicely but not to far that they rub? and my rear arches are rolled.

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
Update after a long time!

Bumpers off being widemouthed! :D

N75 J valve fittted

Coldside DV relocaton + DV Serviced

A/C Removed

Went for the LCR route with a larger intercooler and coldside DV relocation. Currently looking like this

LCRroute.jpg

In preperation for Hybrid Or BT, Was planning on forging soon however Iv decided to leave it for next autumn/winter as Im off to the nurburgring this summer and dont want to be running the engine in just before.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members