Too much Millers causing black smoke?

stuart88

hey everyone,

i've got a leon cupra fr TDI 150 bhp. i recently started using millers,

i at first noticed the difference, it seemed cleaner and a little more responsive,

however today i have had a small problem, its throwing black smoke out of the back end, now before you all jump onto the subject of boost pipes etc i have tried that and all are secure.

i did however put too much milers in by accident. i know what a **** right? but i'm just wondering if that could be the cause of my smoke screen behind me

any help is much appreciated guys

cheers stu

stuart88

lol i'm sayin i put in way more than double

probably 4 times too much?

stu

stuart88

yeah i'm a moron i squeezed it when it was upside down in the filler cap.

could this be the issue or would it be something more sinister?

stu

brad1

after ages of not using, 2 months for example, i put about 4 full caps in and it seemed alright to me, just keep running it as normal and see how it goes ;)

stuart88

but what do you think is the cause of my smoke i'm really worried as i haven't had the car long and its smokin like a biatch

stu

brad1

but what do you think is the cause of my smoke i'm really worried as i haven't had the car long and its smokin like a biatch

stu

give it a italian tune up one day, basically give it a good thrashing, you might find it will clear, or another case a boost hose pop off and then that mightbe the boost leak from where it was slightly leaking before ;)

stuart88

thats the thing tho i don't drive it like a granny, i know the egr valve valve is blanked off but would that do it??

i'm talkin a hell of a lot of smoke not just a bit when the foot is planted!

stu

brad1

thats the thing tho i don't drive it like a granny, i know the egr valve valve is blanked off but would that do it??

i'm talkin a hell of a lot of smoke not just a bit when the foot is planted!

stu

get a egr race pipe, this might help some of the smoke

stuart88

i'm gettin the egr put back togetha i'm just missin the pipe from the exhaust atm

i'm pissed cause when i'm puttin my foot down to beat a golf 1.8t all i can see is its mucky headlights through the smoke!

i always put my foot down and no boost pipes fall off!
im so confused

help!!!

lol

stu

Last edited by a moderator:

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
black smoke = overfuelling which can be caused by a variety of issues - faulty fuel temp sensor, faulty MAF, fault map sensor. Really need vagcom to see if any sensors are on the blink causing the car to overfuel / under boost. Boost & fuel in the right combination is what gives good clean power.

stuart88

black smoke = overfuelling which can be caused by a variety of issues - faulty fuel temp sensor, faulty MAF, fault map sensor. Really need vagcom to see if any sensors are on the blink causing the car to overfuel / under boost. Boost & fuel in the right combination is what gives good clean power.

you know when yours is on that dyno. which btw is really impressive

mine smokes like that

stu

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
That's only overfuelling low down when there is no boost. If yours is smoking like that low down, mid way, and up to the redline - then that's probably showing lacking boost. Might be the MAF then to me.

Mar 13, 2008
Suffolk
Mine sometimes smokes alot, Sometimes not so much. But at night time it always looks really bad!. Could be a blocked airfilter even.

I have put more than double dosage in when the reserve light was on, And it ran really well TBH but didnt smoke. Am 100% you have caused any damage with Millers.

Luke