Right, I'm in need of help as I'm at my wits end with this stupid car.
I'm trying to change the suspension on my Ibiza, and I've managed to remove the RHS strut and spring assembly, but the top mount is stuck. I removed one bolt, but the other two just turn without coming out. I've tried griping them from underneath with mole grips, but they just come off. I've tried drilling the top off, but I only get about .5mm in, and I've tried smacking the **** out of it with a hammer, no joy.
Does anyone have any suggestions about how I could get them out? I don't have a welder nor an angle grinder and a hacksaw can't reach the bolts.
Pics for reference:
Top
View from inside the wheel arch
And for reference
Thanks in advance <3
I'm trying to change the suspension on my Ibiza, and I've managed to remove the RHS strut and spring assembly, but the top mount is stuck. I removed one bolt, but the other two just turn without coming out. I've tried griping them from underneath with mole grips, but they just come off. I've tried drilling the top off, but I only get about .5mm in, and I've tried smacking the **** out of it with a hammer, no joy.
Does anyone have any suggestions about how I could get them out? I don't have a welder nor an angle grinder and a hacksaw can't reach the bolts.
Pics for reference:
Top
View from inside the wheel arch
And for reference
Thanks in advance <3
