Torque Steer

mattbolt

Oct 6, 2006
Plymouth
Right who else bere suffers from torque steer? Since i bought mine i have noticed that the car pulls quite heavily to the left when putting my foot down.

Consequently the left tyre has worn out quite alot more than the drivers side. I have had the tracking and camber sorted on the car which needed doing but hasn't really helped the issue.

Any solutions to this or is this something i will just have to get used to

mattbolt

Oct 6, 2006
Plymouth
it breaks pretty evenly to be honest and the pad wear before i changed the pads looked pretty even. it very slightly pulls to the left when going in a straight line but its a pretty hard pull when under full boost.

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
mine sometimes torque steers like a bit of a pig. especially on a slightly damn cold morning. its quite funny.
good fun though. lol.
Not as bad as the RS was, that use to do it to full lock, dont know if that was coz of the lsd or not.
i heard frm some1 its coz 1 drive shaft is slightly shorter than the other? because of the gear box possition. how true that is i dont know!

mattbolt

Oct 6, 2006
Plymouth
could quite possible be something to do with it. Its just got to the stage now where i need to change only one tyre as the driver's side one is still good - bit annoying really

MR Ibiza Cupra

Feb 17, 2006
London
Hmmm tricky one... the Quaife ATB has reduced torque steer on mine a substantial amount, but mine pulls to the left too. But tyre where on mine is pretty even.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Has no one brought up the fact the left hand drive shaft is shorter than the right, therefore when putting the power down with the standard diff the left one is the first to spin the power away or drag the car to the left...

Mine with the diff is suicidal but then its 343bhp so its bound to be, its all good fun though!

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
Has no one brought up the fact the left hand drive shaft is shorter than the right, therefore when putting the power down with the standard diff the left one is the first to spin the power away or drag the car to the left...

Mine with the diff is suicidal but then its 343bhp so its bound to be, its all good fun though!

Erm... yeah i am pretty sure i did mention that. haha. :whistle::ban:

cupra_steve

Do you have a alter ego ?
Oct 21, 2006
Huddersfield
If u think about it most roads are camberd to the left so even if your tracking is spot on you will normally still drift to the left ! The one tyre wearing out is a bit strange tho ? 99% of front wheel drive cars have one drivshaft longer than the other and most cars have even tyre wear !

mattbolt

Oct 6, 2006
Plymouth
I see. I know what you mean about the drive shafts etc. its just supprised me how much more the left has worn from the right.

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
yeah i raised my car up a little and really noticed the difference on mine too. i dont really spins the wheels to much, i feed the power in to try prevent it, although it doesnt seem to make that much of a difference at 30mph in 2nd, when it hits the turbo, they light up anyway.lol.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members