Touch-screen replacement question

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Quick question.

We got our car back from the dealer today, it was in for a service and it was also getting the touch-screen replaced under warranty as it was playing up. Although we weren't charged for it, the screen costs £600 so I assumed they changed the whole infotainment unit.

However, when I checked it just now all of our radio pre-sets are intact, it remembers the phone etc, which seems odd if it's a new unit?

Does anyone know what's right here? Is the screen a separate part?

Thank you.

sophieshuff

Jun 19, 2016
Knowing seat they would have only changed the screen not the whole unit.

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 using Tapatalk

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
Had mine replaced a for mouths ago sure they only replace the screen because all the settings were unchanged.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
The unit is in the dashboard. they will have simply replaced the screen.

Ah, thank you guys.

We had a few intermittent problems, the most interesting being the screen functioning but not lighting up. When I first told them about it they suggested I clean the screen! "How exactly would dirt on the screen stop it from lighting up?" I replied. They said they would have to test it and if they couldn't find the fault they'd charge for the test! Wasn't jubilant with that idea as virtually no chance of the fault manifesting while they were looking at it.

So I took videos of the faults and gave them those. When they looked at the ECU thankfully it had also logged fault codes for the screen so they agreed to replace it.

Still, as long as it behaves I'm happy. The main thing was getting it sorted before the warranty runs out in April. I just pray it doesn't play up again after that!

I was hoping they'd either change the whole thing or update the software. I've driven a 2015 car and the satnav works a lot faster! ;0)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise