Travel Assist UK

Dec 5, 2022
I'm also currious about this one. I have ACC and also Lane assist, but my car doesn't have Travel assist as it is higher "driving package". I think mine has the "L package".
I saw that some people managed to additionally enable the Travel assist on WV/Skoda/Seat...
I would buy it as official software update, but I think that's not possible.
What is your experience?

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Ive got Travel Assist. I've tried it a couple of times and don't like it at all!
It just feels so wrong the car constantly steering itself. To me its far less stress full actually steering myself while the cruise control is on.

Dec 5, 2022
Ive got Travel Assist. I've tried it a couple of times and don't like it at all!
It just feels so wrong the car constantly steering itself. To me its far less stress full actually steering myself while the cruise control is on.
Hmm, interesting... so it doesn't seems to be much reliable? Btw you enabled it by yourself right?
Do you use at least traffic jam assist and sign recognition?

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Didn't need to enable it as I have the XL pack so seem to have everything!
I just get anxious using travel assist as it doesn't steer exactly where I would be steering. It seems to wander a bit side to side with the Lane Assist "bouncing" the car back and forth between the lines.
Interestingly I don't have a problem with Lane Assist on its own as many others have complained strongly about it. I find that a good feature.
Yes the sign recognition works and the traffic jam assist does work although I haven't really tested it much but it is amusing as the car comes to a stop and then sets off again by itself.

Reactions: Miko and Seastormer
Dec 9, 2022
Just got my Seat Leon ordered Oct 21 and travel assist wasnt listed as a feature or option for the UK anywhere. I'd ordered the Safety & Driving pack (M) as it was a very low cost addition (for a lease) for ACC and traffic sign recognition both of which have some minor value to me but wondered if as it came with lane assist which along with ACC are the components used to facilitate traffic assist if it might just be there.

Unsurprisingly it wasn't, but after looking on the Leon forums the only required hardware I don't have is the capacitive wheel with the right button so it is a possibility although probably not one I'll take up (on my lease).

The lane assist as described in the manual is more of an accident prevention system than a semi-autonomous driving aid, not activating till you are about to drift over the line rather than keeping you central in lane. It did that okay in practice on a motorway but probably doesn't prevent any one about to pass you bricking themselves.

Shame as ACC seems good (as good you'd expect) and would have enjoyed the combo.

Last edited:
I have tried the coding to turn on "Lane Assist" without a capacitive steering wheel. Is there some sort of coding to turn off the "Please take control" warnings or even to extend the timeout?
Thanks
That's the purpose of the capacitive module in the steering wheel - so it knows when you're holding it. It's only present on wheels with the travel assist button

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.